Smfc-On This Day.....

HSS

1970....I remember being a very upset 7 year old when I found out St Mirren had sold Jim Blair to Hibs.He would return a year later before moving to Norwich City,where he played in a League Cup Final at Wembley v Spurs.Norwich lost 1-0.Blair,who also played for our old pals Mechelen,died in 2011.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=2827

Also on this day,tho nothing to do with Saints,Norrie Brown signed for Chelsea from John Neilson High School.Anybuddie know him?

I never realised he played for Mechelen!? I don't remember anything being talked about that when we played them, but I'm sure there must've been??

1970....I remember being a very upset 7 year old when I found out St Mirren had sold Jim Blair to Hibs.He would return a year later before moving to Norwich City,where he played in a League Cup Final at Wembley v Spurs.Norwich lost 1-0.Blair,who also played for our old pals Mechelen,died in 2011.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=2827

Also on this day,tho nothing to do with Saints,Norrie Brown signed for Chelsea from John Neilson High School.Anybuddie know him?

Norrie stayed around Clydesdale Ave/Wright Street area, never made it professionally and I think ended up playing amateur for Moorpark. Came back up the the road with Tommy Baldwin's boots !!

Norrie stayed around Clydesdale Ave/Wright Street area, never made it professionally and I think ended up playing amateur for Moorpark. Came back up the the road with Tommy Baldwin's boots !!

Cheers for that Bud.

I knew him, great player , his brother Gordon was in my class. He was one of these wee hard-man type sweepers that were popular back then and he strolled through boys and youth football. I remember watching a midweek Chelsea cup replay round about then and was stunned to see Norrie on the bench. It all went sour for him though , mainly through homesickness , and he ended up playing out his days in Amateur football for Neilsonians !