Tvs, Again....

Drew

Guest somner9

Still struggling to read Somner? Illiteracy is a right f**ker isn't it? Read my post again. When was the League Cup ever run by the SPL? rolleyes.gif

So you do pay to come see the saints...?

Att-A-Buddie..!

Richer Sounds would be my choice retailer too. I've bought quite a few tellies from them over the last six or seven years and they've always been excellent. The prices have always been very keen, usually the cheapest I can find either online or offline, and the customer service is spot on.

I've got seven LG sets around the house and seven Samsung. I've never had any problems with any of them and I've been really happy with both brands. When talking about Smart TV's I find that Samsung has the better apps. One app in particular - Spotify - is only available on the Samsung and that swings it for me. Other than that though the two brands are fairly indistinguishable from each other. Both even have the same problem with sound quality when talking about smaller screen sizes. I found that on 32" sets and below you really needed external speakers to get a sound quality that I would class as acceptable.

you've really got 14 tvs?

you've really got 14 tvs?

16 I think. I'd need to go round and count them. There's two that are different brands that are in two of the bathrooms - and I think my eldest son is still using a TV as his second computer monitor as well. Can't remember what brand that one is.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Thanks for the advice folks.

We opted for a Panasonic ET60, 42 inch. It is a 'smart' TV, though quite what the point in all that is escapes me for moment, and is also 3D.

In common with BoWSaint, we didn't set out to buy a 3D TV. In fact, I was initially struck at how good the set looks. It is a thing of beauty compared to the black plastic clad Samsung. The picture quality is superb, and we rented a 3D film for the novelty value - Life of Pi, which was okay though I much preferred the film about his brother Brian. Anyway, the 3D was actually quite stunning at times. Much better than I expected, though I don't imagine we'll use it often.

Getting the TV set up through the wireless network was a pain in the arse, and the connection isn't great, so I will be feeding a long ethernet cable through the loft.

The main thing is that the picture is superb (so far), and the set is very sleek and easy on the eye. All the main boxes ticked!