Vinyl Lp Players

oaksoft

While I would confess to being partial to gadgets, and have signed up to Deezer and think its the mutt's, I am inclined to think that this age we live in where everything is disposable certainly has its drawbacks.

I've found this with ebooks more than music, to be fair. Since I got a Nexus 7 tablet this time last year, I've downloaded dozens of cheap books but completed reading perhaps 25% percent of them. It is too easy not to bother making an effort, whereas that book on your bedside table that you've borrowed off a friend, from the library, or forked out £6.99 for is a more tangible reminder that you've still to plough through it.

I still prefer to discover new music by listenging to BBC Radio6 Music as opposed to social media or the likes. For me, the "wireless" will always be the radio.

I'm clearly a crusty old fart after all.

There is something inherently unfulfilling in being able to get what you want at the exact moment you want it.

Humans are not designed for this type of intensity of expectation IMO.

What vinyl brings is a bit of nostalgia but it's more than that.

Even when I was young I remember the smell and feel and sound as being magical.

I never get that from a CD,

It's imperfections (within limits) which make us love things.

It's why we drool over supermodels (well some of us) but marry completely differently from that.

It's the flaws which endear us to others - the slight crook of a nose or a mole etc.

Same thing with vinyl.

For me, I miss the initial crackle as the needle settles on the record.

CD's will never replace that.

There is something inherently unfulfilling in being able to get what you want at the exact moment you want it.

It's why we drool over supermodels (well some of us) but marry completely differently from that.

It's the flaws which endear us to others - the slight crook of a nose or a mole etc.

Same thing with vinyl.

Aye.

Same thing with vinyl.

My dad has Bob Seger's Nine Tonight album and on one of the songs there is a crackle/pop at the start that repeats for the first 10 revolutions.... I expect to hear the same imperfection when I play the cd.