Protocol Regarding The Receiving Of Change From Retail Outlets

shull

Automated Machines - 10/10

It gives you yir change all separately ( coins , notes and receipt ) and you can grab it at your leisure.

A cashier should pass it to you separately also, Coins first, then notes and then a receipt ( if applicable )

It makes receiving it and putting it away a lot easier. 10/10

..................................................................................................................................

There are 2 zeroes out of 10

First one is when cashier gives you coins notes and receipt all together and plonks it into your hand with mega coins balancing on yir notes. Half the time, coins end up on the floor. Very poor training.

And this gets on my tits.

I hand cashier payment straight into his/her hand.

I put my hand out to receive change.

And the Cnut/Cnutette puts my change on the counter while my hand is outstretched.

Outrageous.

Edited by shull

Automated Machines - 10/10

It gives you yir change all separately ( coins , notes and receipt ) and you can grab it at your leisure.

A cashier should pass it to you separately also, Coins first, then notes and then a receipt ( if applicable )

It makes receiving it and putting it away a lot easier. 10/10

..................................................................................................................................

There are 2 zeroes out of 10

First one is when cashier gives you coins notes and receipt all together and plonks it into your hand with mega coins balancing on yir notes. Half the time, coins end up on the floor. Very poor training.

And this gets on my tits.

I hand cashier payment straight into his/her hand.

I put my hand out to receive change.

And the Cnut/Cnutette puts my change on the counter while my hand is outstretched.

Outrageous.

Yep, one of my many pet hates with retailers. Another big hate of mine is when they are talking to someone else whilst serving me! Shocking behaviour and I've noticed the most guilty parties are usually supermarket checkout supervisors who interrupt the checkout operator with all manner of pointless communication.

Yep, one of my many pet hates with retailers. Another big hate of mine is when they are talking to someone else whilst serving me! Shocking behaviour and I've noticed the most guilty parties are usually supermarket checkout supervisors who interrupt the checkout operator with all manner of pointless communication.

Or on their Mobile to whoever thumbdown.gif

I agree with the first bit but the second ... if you handle money for a living then you obviously need to touch all the germ ridden notes and coins, however if the person you are giving money to is also a manky git then you should put the money down and let them pick it up so as not to take the chance of coming into contact with even more germs. Basically Shull, they must think you are manky. tongue.png

That seems bizarre. If the person behind the till thinks Shull is manky then why take the notes and coins from him in the first place. And once they have contracted the germs from Shull by handling the notes and coins he's handed to them, what have they got to lose by doing the same transaction in reverse?

Of course the sooner we move to a cashless society the better for all concerned. Then we just have to concern ourselves with the closure of germ ridden libraries where there's a high likely hood that each book has been handled by an unsanitary hand in the toilet.

They take the notes and coins because it is their job.

What do they have to lose by doing the reverse transaction? That's like saying that you once shagged a bird that was HIV+ so it would be ok to do it again but, this time, with her on top.

If it was the same bird I don't really see why not. You've probably caught it already.

That seems bizarre. If the person behind the till thinks Shull is manky then why take the notes and coins from him in the first place. And once they have contracted the germs from Shull by handling the notes and coins he's handed to them, what have they got to lose by doing the same transaction in reverse?

Of course the sooner we move to a cashless society the better for all concerned. Then we just have to concern ourselves with the closure of germ ridden libraries where there's a high likely hood that each book has been handled by an unsanitary hand in the toilet.

That'll be me again, not so much books, but the newspapers thumbup2.gif

Anyway the wee guy in the Shell Garage at Hillington Estate is the worst at change despatch.

I always make an exagerrated point putting my hand of putting my hand out to receive the doodahs.

Every time he slaps it on the counter missing my hand ( that he must see ) by inches.

I keep my hand there for about an extra 2 or 3 seconds just to make a point then politely say thank you very much.

Wee fanny lol.gif

Edited by shull

I havent done it but would it be cheeky to do.

If i gave a checkoot dude a 20 quid note for say a 5 pound purchase.

He then puts my 20 thru his anti counterfeit machine.

Would it be okay to ask him/her if i could put my 15 pound change thru the machine also, just to check ?