Sir Thomas Hendrie

shull

That was the one and only time that I was in Inverness to see us.

I loved it that day.

Hendrie's speech after the match was fantastic.

Really? I've been to Inverness a few times but I've seldom left a football match in a more angry mood. I certainly didn't feel like partying after watching St Mirren fans continually pitch invade and on watching the players in our team play like they'd all tanked the supply of champagne on the bus on the way up to the game.

I was at that match with my best mate - a St Mirren fan for over 40 years - and my Dad who by that stage was really in a bad way with bowel cancer and dementia ravaging his body. He really shouldn't have been on a trip like that but I thought it would be a good day out for him from the home he was living in by then. We left the match, got in my car and I drove all the way to Perth before any of us said anything.

See now that's a partial and misleading account of why you were banned from the official site - there were two long running threads (each 20 odd pages or about 500 posts long if memory serves) that deteriorated into abuse the way they often do rolleyes.gif. These threads were closed and the topic declared off limits - you were banned after a number of public warnings (and no doubt many more private ones) for hijacking other threads in an attempt to revive the debate.

Your repeated claim of victimization with regards to being banned from the OS is one reason, amongst others, why in a dispute between you and any other user of this site my inclination is to believe the other poster.

My memory of the events of that day was that there was one thread that was running on the topic. It was closed down by a moderator who I think its safe to say didn't like me at all. As thread starter I reopened the thread and she closed it again and then banned me without explanation. I then e-mailed Kenny Pointon who during the exchange told me, amongst many other things, that the board of directors had repeatedly requested that I be banned from the forum.

I'm not claiming victimisation at all. A website owner is perfectly entitled to control who is allowed to post on their website. It's just I find it ironic that the issue they decided to ban me on was one that the club would eventually come out and agree with me on just one year later.

My memory of the events of that day was that there was one thread that was running on the topic. It was closed down by a moderator who I think its safe to say didn't like me at all. As thread starter I reopened the thread and she closed it again and then banned me without explanation. I then e-mailed Kenny Pointon who during the exchange told me, amongst many other things, that the board of directors had repeatedly requested that I be banned from the forum.

I'm not claiming victimisation at all. A website owner is perfectly entitled to control who is allowed to post on their website. It's just I find it ironic that the issue they decided to ban me on was one that the club would eventually come out and agree with me on just one year later.

Although our memories of the situation are at variance even in your version it's clear you were banned for breaching site rules rather than raising the topic in the first instance.

Really? I've been to Inverness a few times but I've seldom left a football match in a more angry mood. I certainly didn't feel like partying after watching St Mirren fans continually pitch invade and on watching the players in our team play like they'd all tanked the supply of champagne on the bus on the way up to the game.

I was at that match with my best mate - a St Mirren fan for over 40 years - and my Dad who by that stage was really in a bad way with bowel cancer and dementia ravaging his body. He really shouldn't have been on a trip like that but I thought it would be a good day out for him from the home he was living in by then. We left the match, got in my car and I drove all the way to Perth before any of us said anything.

FFS ! It was a party. My Dad went also. His first away game since the 7-0 drubbing at Starks Park 8 years earlier.

A marvelous day out.

My Mum came up for the weekend with my Dad, but went shopping during the game.

My 2 older kids came up with me and had the day of their lifes.