James Marwood

Marwood has been an odd signing. I don't think he is anywhere near good enough yet his enthusiasm and willingness to run around are admirable. That alone does not make a player a worthwhile signing however. In summary tries hard but nowhere near the standard required. As plenty have said befor for Marwood read Kean, Guy, Bone etc etc

Wonder if he is the link with Man City and why we were able to sign Plummer and Drury.

It certainly is, when we signed James Marwood his dad liked what he saw, especially our training facilities and thought it would be a good place to send some of the Man City prospects. Edited by Luther G. Presley

Looks busy enough, works hard enough, but looks like he is lacking in confidence a bit.

To be fir to the lad he has been played as a lone striker and also out wide, I don't think you need to be an experienced football manager to know that his game isn't really suited to either of those roles. Playing off the shoulder of a bigger striking partner would be best for him.

Big Callum isn't that man, he holds the ball up well but he's not the sort to be winning headers and flicking the ball on like Thommo does.

As others have said he looks at the moment like a Stewart Kean/Lewis Guy type. Maybe if he got a goal it would help his game.

I think Caldwell has been unlucky not to get more game time FWIW, I always think he looks fairly threatening when he comes on.