Pay Your Poll Tax Now.

shull

I seriously cannot believe folk are squabbling over the equivalent of 10k per council per year and tappering annually. All you "tax dodging charter" brigade, have you any idea what so ever how difficult it is to recover 20+ year old debt. Sheriff Officers are no mugs and are pretty ruthless operators yet they are struggling to collect pennies at a cost GREATER than the monies collected due to their fees. It's simple economics and only the most blinkered or biased or both will fail to see that.

funny you should say that. Most people I know who refused to pay the community charge ended up having to pay twice thanks to the Sheriff Officers. And that included a Sheriff Officer. wink.png

The bitterness and vitriol towards those who couldn't pay their poll tax 20 years ago saddens me.

I don't know if this post is directed at me or not. As I did before, I'll give you some advice - it helps if you quote the post you are referring to. Anyway, if you were referring to me I'll just let you read my post again:-

Well, I hope someone from the appropriate department reads this or receives it in an e-mail. I find it disgusting that people like you refused to pay but probably continued to use public services funded by good, hard working, honest and more importantly, law abiding people like myself.

Nothing about people who "couldn't pay", just people who refused to but don't let facts get in the way of your Reichsministerium für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda.

Why don't you do your public duty and e-mail them, then? I've never hidden, I refused to pay on principle. Their incompetence is no concern of mine.

You obviously missed it first time around. Please feel free to report me (unless iTony beats you to it), I've paid around 98% of what was owed so 2% to go.

That's the difference between good, honest people like myself and you, Faraway Saint and FTOF, Salmon(d)Buddie - I'm not a grass that runs to "Big Brother" every time someone says something I don't like. I'm Better (Together) than you Bitter Boot Boys...

I agree but it's not me who opened up a thread only attacking one of them.

Maybe you'll start getting some sympathy when you open up a "Pay Your Taxes" thread aimed at the rich.

Until then we'll all believe that like shull and Dicky, you have an unhealthy obsession with blaming only the poor and benefits cheats for societies ills.

I'm glad this forum has someone that tells people what everyone thinks and feels...

More annoying than the avoidance of hundreds of millions of pounds of tax which eBay have engaged in?

More annoying than what Starbucks did?

More annoying than the trashing of our entire financial system by the banks in 2008?

More annoying than the Libor scandal which cost MILLIONS of us in higher mortgages?

More annoying than the millions of pounds scarfed by our MPs in Westminster, one of whom claimed the expenses of cleaning his families MOAT?

Seriously? More annoying than all of that?

You have a very warped sense of outrage bud.

Very warped indeed.

More annoying than your posts? rolleyes.gif

No, you're getting me & ts mixed up again, I was "Can Pay, Won't Pay."

Sent that e-mail yet? Found those posts yet?

1eye.gif

Read my post again! Properly this time instead of getting upset and letting yourself to be filled with hate and rage when you see who has posted! lol.gif

Well, I hope someone from the appropriate department reads this or receives it in an e-mail. I find it disgusting that people like you refused to pay but probably continued to use public services funded by good, hard working, honest and more importantly, law abiding people like myself.

That's the difference between good, honest people like myself and you, Salmon(d)Buddie - I'm not a grass that runs to "Big Brother" every time someone says something I don't like. I'm Better (Together) than you Bitter Boot Boys...

True, looks you're the kind that relies on someone else to stand up and be counted. Surprisingly, you don't seem to like me even though that's exactly what I did.

True, looks you're the kind that relies on someone else to stand up and be counted. Surprisingly, you don't seem to like me even though that's exactly what I did.

I just don't like you because of your Brown Shirt ways and your disgusting attitude towards people who have succeeded better in life than you.

Guest TPAFKATS

I don't know if this post is directed at me or not. As I did before, I'll give you some advice - it helps if you quote the post you are referring to. Anyway, if you were referring to me I'll just let you read my post again:-

Nothing about people who "couldn't pay", just people who refused to but don't let facts get in the way of your Reichsministerium für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda.

Psst, Sid - it's not all about you

Psst, Sid - it's not all about you

I don't know about Sid but this forum has always been about me and always will be seemingly given how many of you are obsessed with me and my life. I guess it's the green eyed monster in you all wishing you were all me and had my life. That probably could apply to Stuart D as well what with him living in Dickson Towers in Wishaw with his forty-odd rooms each with their own television including the bathrooms.

Stop trying to ingratiate yourself by slagging Dorothy, we know you two are best buds.

I don't know about slagging off "Dorothy" whoever she is - you're the one with the "gay-dar" remember but I wasn't slagging off Stuart D either. I was just pointing out how people on here seem to be jealous about his success like you are of me too...rolleyes.gif

You would think so but before I admit to it, can you show me where I replied to post #104 of this thread? 1eye.gif

As I said, too f**king easy. bangin.gif

I never said you did? #104 was a post in response to Salmon(d)Buddie. Have you being sniffing the gas again?