Gordon Strachan

saints1

I didn't offer any such comparison.

I asked if what Strachan said was acceptable.

Obfuscate, if you want, but you surprise me.... :unsure:

I didn't say you did bud.

Read back.

This whole subject arose because someone else did.

We are unanimous in criticising Strachans thoughts on the lower league clubs.

We seem to be unanimous in supporting his right to free thought and speech... even if he is wrong.

We are unanimous in appreciating the improvement he has made in the Scotland team.

This was once one of the very few happy threads on the forum... seems to have been reset to default misery!

Anyway, a footballer's view will almost always differ from a fan's view. WGS will be thinking of the credibility of the league and how competition for club places affects development of youngsters for the national team. It's nothing subversive or personal.

He said some daft stuff about Love St that annoyed me a few years ago, but that's all in the past. I doubt he even remembers that and he definitely will have forgotten his recent comments before too long. People like him who are brought up in a restricted environment tend to have a very limited view of many things

Anyway, a footballer's view will almost always differ from a fan's view. WGS will be thinking of the credibility of the league and how competition for club places affects development of youngsters for the national team. It's nothing subversive or personal.

He said some daft stuff about Love St that annoyed me a few years ago, but that's all in the past. I doubt he even remembers that and he definitely will have forgotten his recent comments before too long. People like him who are brought up in a restricted environment tend to have a very limited view of many things

That's far too rational, moral and... almost... empathetic from you. :unsure:

Though I do like your digs at thick, one-DIMensional FITBA players...