Top 5 Memorable St. Mirren Goal Celebrations

Mr Clueless

(1) Barry McLaughlin (against Raith Rovers) - 3rd goal in the Championship winning game. Everyone just piled in there.......!!

(2) Frank McGarvey (against Slavia Prague) - I wasn't there, but its my favourite bit on the Marching In video

(3) Junior Mendes (against Raith Rovers) - again wasn't there, but on the Saints Are Back video looked like an absolutely fantastic moment at Starks Park. Everyone went Radio Rental.....

(4) Stephen Watson (against *not sure*) - did a Klinsmann dive, might have been Morton actually.

(5) Jose Quintongo (against Arbroath) - the monkey act behind the goal.

Any buddie got any favourites........?!?

My own personal favourite is from our great friend and former "star" Alex Bone.

It was at Broomfield, The origianl one, when the aforementioned Mr Bone, who i believe hadn't scored in months and was getting pelters for being s***e strode up to take a penalty and ran to the support behind the goal..... Jumped into the crowd and celebrated like he had scored the golden goal in the World Cup Final!

Twat :D

There's really only one that sticks in my mind. Billy Stark's brilliant solo goal on a vile windswept and pissing down Tuesday night at Love Street versus Aberdeen. Starky had woven his way to the edge of the 18 yard box and from there placed a brilliant shot into the far corner of the net that wedged itself under the net support stanchion and stuck there. As it hit home and the crowd went absolutely potty, Starky simply stood stock still in the pouring rain with a big daft grin on his coupon and both arms raised to the heavens. He was shortly mobbed by ecstatic team-mates, but the effect was excellent. :D

It has to be Fergusons in the cup final. It took forever to creep inside the post. Even though I was watching it on TV in the Highlands and missed all the celebrations, I will never forget the surprise, delight and elation upon the realisation that the ball was in the net.

Basher's shot tonight will live large in the memory too. Let's hope he was signed up tonight if not first thing in the morning. :D

george shaws at bigothead in the 3-0 win,scores goal(tap in) runs to the green bigots giving it the get it up you salute then booked , small price to pay. gunni's was good as well same game big mad face running up to the jungle . :lol::lol::lol:

Paul Kinnaird gave us a couple of gems.

When he scored his first ever senior goal (after he'd played for f**k knows how many clubs) against Motherwell at Love Street he celebrated so much that he admitted to being 'knackered' when he was finished.

He followed that up by jumping into the old Beach End at Pittodrie after his bobbling 25-yarder somehow found the net.

The old Pittodrie trips were brilliant.Christ knows how good they would have been if we'd actually managed to pick up any points while we were up there? :rolleyes:

My own personal favourite is from our great friend and former "star" Alex Bone.

It was at Broomfield, The origianl one, when the aforementioned Mr Bone, who i believe hadn't scored in months and was getting pelters for being s***e strode up to take a penalty and ran to the support behind the goal..... Jumped into the crowd and celebrated like he had scored the golden goal in the World Cup Final!

Twat :D

Alex Bone is the only player I have ever seen going daft after scoring in a reserve game.

Fair enough if he had never played in the first team but his uncle picked him every week, never seemed to score for the first team mind. :rolleyes:

Guest IanMc

i liked Sergei's celebration at cappelow when he went over to the fans . That goal meant so much to him , you could tell . Then Yardley jamp on his back nearly killing him .

McKnights celebration after his goal against Falkirk was fantastic , he was just so cool & calm . He just pointed to the bouncing northbank and hugged McGarry.

Quitongo's celebration has to be the best ever , who actually expected him to climb the pole ?

So many good celebrations , most of my favourites are from the champonship season

Guest Jeddy

Stuart Taylors acrobatic celebration after scoring a cracker against Dundee.

Bashers belly flop after scoring against Dungvermin in championship year.

yea, the ballboy spat at fergie.wonder what happened to the bb,might be a surgeon,lawyer or a pilot but probably a wee sh**ey junkie stealing money aff his maw to get to the fresh air on saturday.dirty boggin wee soapy ned. :angry:

Guest Greenock Morton FC

My personal favourite was the first time i ever visited Love Street.

I can still remember that stench of s***e when i stepped out of the bus asif it was now, it was a warm afternoo... Oh right sorry im blabbing on, more to the point.

I musta been about 6 when i first went there. Watched morton score inside 20 seconds straight from kick off.. Went on to win that game 4-1

My that was my first Morton - St. Mirren derby, one to remember.

My personal favourite was the first time i ever visited Love Street.

I can still remember that stench of s***e when i stepped out of the bus asif it was now, it was a warm afternoo... Oh right sorry im blabbing on, more to the point.

I musta been about 6 when i first went there. Watched morton score inside 20 seconds straight from kick off.. Went on to win that game 4-1

My that was my first Morton - St. Mirren derby, one to remember.

this gays obviosly smacked up :blink: ,sure sign is the blabbing,sitting in squalor :( and blaming the smell on paisley ,then telling us he was 6 when his pop(celtic youth coach) let him come to the big town for a holiday day out when we all know it is fact you can not walk upright in smelly town till you mug an old lady. :angry: and you will see on saturday it 's never a warm day when when soapy comes to civilisation.

Guest Greenock Morton FC

I lied, my favourite st mirren moment was when Stewart Greacen put the ball into the roof of the net on the 26/7/03...

That was quite a memorable celebration...

I was digging through my archives the other night when I came across (ooh err) a match report for the 2-2 draw with Morton in 1993/94.

We had some bloke called Paul Lambert sent off after just three minutes,but we still managed to snatch (ooh err) a late equaliser from Norrie McWhirter's Beckham style free-kick in the last minute.

The Soapdodgers weren't impressed at all,and I recall one of their players booting the baw to f*ck in frustration at the final whistle. :lol:

The West Terracing had been demolished but the Caley Stand hadn't been built yet,so the area behind the goal was being used as a car park,and some enterprising punters had parked a big lorry there and sat on its roof for a free view of the game.It was easily the best ever goal celebration to have taken place on the roof of a lorry.