Young Players

I sat in the stand today and listened to some of the abuse hurled at John McGinn. Not disputing the fact that he had possibly his worst game in the stripes but the service he has given this club is nothing short of exceptional. It reminds me of the time kenny McLean went through a spell when he wasn't playing as well as he can and he got terrorised. Us as supporters need to rally round these youngsters in times like this, because mallan will hit this point at some stage of his St mirren career. Keep the faith!

I sat in the stand today and listened to some of the abuse hurled at John McGinn. Not disputing the fact that he had possibly his worst game in the stripes but the service he has given this club is nothing short of exceptional. It reminds me of the time kenny McLean went through a spell when he wasn't playing as well as he can and he got terrorised. Us as supporters need to rally round these youngsters in times like this, because mallan will hit this point at some stage of his St mirren career. Keep the faith!

Well said that man.

You should sit in the West Stand and tune in to W1 L28, what a channel that is. 90 minutes of complete lunacy.

I thought John Mcginn had a bad game groaned a few times when he gave passes away but did not really hear any abuse to him a few for f-cks sakes and come on John type stuff.

Yes St.Mirren fans have a history of giving young player's a hard time.

Simon Lappin got a hard time as did McLean at points.

Mallan and McClear got great support from the fans yesterday.

McGinn has been in the team a few years now and fan's have seen him play good most of that time. So when he plays bad it gets to them a bit.

I did shout John your better than that! Is that abuse?

Got shouted at by another fan he's trying his best!

That same fan spent the game shouting abuse at Cheesy far worse than John you can do better!!

Edited by leolovesstmfc

I attended my first Saints game this season.

I thought that John McGinn was one of the better Saints players on view.

Maybe its the fact that I have hardly watched the bids over the past 3 years that allowed me to view the team without any prejudices?

I also thought that McLean & Naismith looked decent.

McLear & Kelly didn't have good games and I wasn't surprised they were hooked.

I attended my first Saints game this season.

I thought that John McGinn was one of the better Saints players on view.

Maybe its the fact that I have hardly watched the bids over the past 3 years that allowed me to view the team without any prejudices?

I also thought that McLean & Naismith looked decent.

McLear & Kelly didn't have good games and I wasn't surprised they were hooked.

Even at the point of coming off McLear and Kelly were still giving more than Wylde did.

Never heard any abuse. That aside I believe McGinn should be taken out the team as he has not been performing well and I don't know if it has to do with the contract saga or like most young players just taking a dip in form. Might do him the world of good.

That's fine if we had someone nearly half as good as him to replace him with. But we don't. We are in no position To drop our best players

That's fine if we had someone nearly half as good as him to replace him with. But we don't. We are in no position To drop our best players

I feel Mallan, McLean & Osborne in the centre of midfield are capable of filling in and are presently showing better form.

I just feel every young player goes through a dip in form and I believe that John is going through that now. He has played a lot of games in the last couple of years and sometimes you have to manage young players properly and that taking them out every so often to ensure they don't burn out is a good thing. IMO a couple of weeks on the bench will allow him to refocus and he will come back stronger and we will see the John McGinn at his best for the run in. I don't believe the contract situation has helped either.