Things To Do Before You Die... In Bute

West Ham Saint

Tayvalich is a favourite place for my Kayak Club. We usually head up there for a weekend twice a year. Paddle on Loch Sween one day and the Sound of Jura the next. Went up myself for a couple of days last year. Cycled alongside the Crinnan Canal one day and walked the fantastic Kilmartin Glen the next. Great part of the world :)

Been reminded about Poltalloch House, another place worth visiting in the Crinan / Moine Mhor / Kilmartin area. Not been for a couple of years so I'm not sure what kind of state it's in now but it was a proper old school haunted house when I last visited - the kind of place you read about in ghost books when you were a kid. It's an abandoned stately home, reclaimed by nature with trees growing through windows and all that kind of stuff. There's even an old ruined chapel nearby complete with ancient gravestones at jaunty angles! Best visited at night with torches for maximum effect, but even in daylight it's creepy as f**k