Hartlepool United Fans Away Day.

Callum Gilhooley

So it's OK for them to "black up" when dressed as penguins but not when dressed as Bob Marley? Surely it's just accuracy. It would be different if they did the Minstrels thing, but this!? PC madness.

Isn't it 'smurfist' to paint yourself blue, or 'oompahloompahist' to paint yourself orange with green hair? Your right Slarti, it's gone way overboard. If I dress up for a fancy dress party as, say, an Arab or an Frenchman, is that racist? If an Englishman puts on the 'see you Jimmy' tartan bunnet with the fake red hair, is that racist?

These things should only be considered racism where there is intent to cause offence.

Edited by saint in exile

Isn't it 'smurfist' to paint yourself blue, or 'oompahloompahist' to paint yourself orange with green hair? Your right Slarti, it's gone way overboard. If I dress up for a fancy dress party as, say, an Arab or an Frenchman, is that racist? If an Englishman puts on the 'see you Jimmy' tartan bunnet with the fake red hair, is that racist?

These things should only be considered racism where there is intent to cause offence.

Yeh what about all those guys that turned up at the last game at LS with big hair and big black moustaches , they were obviously being Tony Fitzpatrickist . .

Or, if you paint yourself orange but leave out the green hair, is that Jimmy Calderwoodist?

I think the problem is that it is difficult to prove intent a lot of the time, so "they" just accuse everyone.

Humour should just be banned altogether, that would sort it. sad.png

Well, it's worked for Shull. smile.png

I once turned up at fancy dress party dressed as der Fuhrer , thinking I'd get a laugh but l was constantly mistaken as being StuDiko as I had shoved a big pillow inside my jacket. .