Where Is Scotland

Isle Of Bute Saint

This sounds like SNP spin prior to the Scottish referendum. Are you Alex Salmond in disguise?

Sounds like he's going for devo max for the UK.

Yep possibly. You could say that like the SNP the UK Government are possibly scared of the consequences of leaving the EU. After all we are all Better Together. There's no harm in trying to get a better deal though and if you can get sufficient leverage then why not go for it.

Where the SNP got it wrong was that they'd worked up their support into a frenzy about jumping off the bridge just to get away from England and had Scotland voted for independence the SNP would have been in a weak position to negotiate because frankly nothing offered would have appeased their own support. David Cameron on the other hand, it could be argued, is playing a much more sophisticated game. By publicly stating he wishes to remain in but appearing to be getting dragged out he bolsters his negotiating position with the EU. If the concessions aren't generous enough to appease his support he'll still be able to go back to the EU and ask for more, Sturgeon and Salmond were never that clever.

Are you saying that the leader of a party who's main point of existence is to get Scottish independence should have said that he wanted to remain part of the UK?

If his principle aim was Devo Max rather than Independence then yes obviously he should. I believe Jim Sillars also said much the same thing. BTW interesting you should state that now. I know I always pegged the SNP as a single issue party, but IIRC you didn't.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I said "main" not "sole".

You really do have a problem with basic English, don't you?

Oh no, you are mistaken, he understands the English alright . His problem is one of a twisted little mind. He has fixed ideas and suffers from having a mind that has fixed conditions i.e. in order for him to be right , you must be wrong . His mind doesn't allow him the luxury of recognising when he is wrong. .

Oh no, you are mistaken, he understands the English alright . His problem is one of a twisted little mind. He has fixed ideas and suffers from having a mind that has fixed conditions i.e. in order for him to be right , you must be wrong . His mind doesn't allow him the luxury of recognising when he is wrong. .

Your wrong. I do recognise when I'm wrong. It just doesn't happen very often . Yesterday for example I posted on here that I was wrong and that the price of petrol in Venezuela had increase by 6000% and not 1000% as first quoted.

Now will you admit you got it wrong?

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Do you know where Japan is dear , well its nowhere near there dear. Must admit never been asked that one its usually it always rains there right.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/odd/cashier-in-england-asked-where-s-scotland-when-given-scots-banknote-1-4032958

Had only a Bank of Ireland 10 pound note at Greenhill Road last Saturday.

Used it to purchase the wee yin's pie and beans.

No problem.