The Hampden Museum

shull

Went their yesterday with the wee yin. Absolutely brilliant way to spend a few hours 

Lots of interesting things to see and we did the wonderful Tour of Stadium also. 

The wee yin was thrilled with the whole adventure.

Unsurprisingly, she liked the Shop and Cafe as well. She wanted me to buy her a Football. My wallet nearly had a coronary when the Lady behind Counter said it cost  70 quid. 

I will get her one at Braehead for a fiver. 

Phew!!! 

Edited by shull

I've done the tour a few times and I'd recommend it to anyone. The guides are brilliant and the zones you see on the tour are impressive. It's only when you go up the way to the offices you see the real state of our national sport, particularly when you make it to the cupboard housing the SYFA.

The cafe is a brilliant place to people watch. All sorts of legends take a break from their meetings in there.

57 minutes ago, shull said:

Went their yesterday with the wee yin. Absolutely brilliant way to spend a few hours 

Lots of interesting things to see and we did the wonderful Tour of Stadium also. 

The wee yin was thrilled with the whole adventure.

Unsurprisingly, she liked the Shop and Cafe as well. She wanted me to buy her a Football. My wallet nearly had a coronary when the Lady behind Counter said it cost  70 quid. 

I will get her one at Braehead for a fiver. 

Phew!!! 

Was it signed.

I think the museum is superb, as are the staff and guides, but I rate the Hampden tour as being the worst stadium tour I have ever been on. Starts in a traffic tunnel, wow, exciting, you see the dressing room, out the tunnel and up to the 'royal box'. That's it, unless you count kicking a ball into a five-a-side net as being worthy of mention. The cafe is very good, the shop used to be good, but all the good stuff was moved out to be handled by JD Sports. The remaining shop is a pale imitation of what it used to be. If anyone has done, for example, the Anfield tour, then it's night and day better than Hampden.

Edited by pozbaird