St Mirren FC. Never Ending Incompetence

shull

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:26 PM, div said:

The only way we will avoid playing in the third tier is by winning football matches.

Having a non functional USH system makes not a single bit of difference to that. None.

Spending what little resource we have available right now on fixing the USH rather than fixing the team will certainly make a difference.

As for our basic obligations, put covers down if it's cold. End of.

Whilst I see you point here David one should not be making excuses for the club. 

The under soil heating system should have been fixed when it broke and not left until the weather leaves the club with nowhere to hide.  An attitude of "i'll fix it later only if and when it suits" is unprofessional.  Also we are only at the start of winter here in the northern hemisphere so one should not be surprised if it gets cold again!

1 hour ago, TediousTom said:

Whilst I see you point here David one should not be making excuses for the club. 

The under soil heating system should have been fixed when it broke and not left until the weather leaves the club with nowhere to hide.  An attitude of "i'll fix it later only if and when it suits" is unprofessional.  Also we are only at the start of winter here in the northern hemisphere so one should not be surprised if it gets cold again!

Yes we have Undersoil Heating and it really should have been fixed whenever it broke.

It wasn't though, and right now, at this specific moment in time, it's complete whataboutery that it is broken.

We shouldn't be spunking tens of thousands of pounds fixing something we actually don't need right now. Even if it WAS working I'd question whether we should be literally burning our money to warm up the pitch.

It's embarassing, it's symptomatic of things being run poorly at the club. It's all of those things, but it's also, right now, not important.

7 hours ago, div said:

Yes we have Undersoil Heating and it really should have been fixed whenever it broke.

It wasn't though, and right now, at this specific moment in time, it's complete whataboutery that it is broken.

We shouldn't be spunking tens of thousands of pounds fixing something we actually don't need right now. Even if it WAS working I'd question whether we should be literally burning our money to warm up the pitch.

It's embarassing, it's symptomatic of things being run poorly at the club. It's all of those things, but it's also, right now, not important.

We almost agree......in fact we agree 99%.   

Is it really tens of thousands to fix?  Seems awfully expensive.  

1 hour ago, TediousTom said:

We almost agree......in fact we agree 99%.   

Is it really tens of thousands to fix?  Seems awfully expensive.  

No idea bud, but if they are pursuing an insurance claim route then you can safely assume it ain't a cheap and easy fix IMO.