Named and shamed...............

FTOF

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

The costs of which they add to the hourly rate of pay..........they are an employee on a temporary basis and in the very vast majority of "agency" situations they are on zero hours contracts.

Not direction AND control but direction OR control in your third sentence.

That may be the case but I am thinking specifically about companies like Capita who supply companies like nPower.

nPower have an office full of call centre staff none of whom are employees of nPower. All of them are employees of Capita.

The point here is that nPower are not responsible for Capita issuing zero hours contracts. The problem then becomes Capita's.

I am suggesting that Saints adopt this model for infrequent staffing to protect the club from this type of claim for staff such as security if they don't already.

With the players themselves there is no get out clause as far as I can tell. The players are employees and should be treated as such.

I am not sure whether it is direction OR control. I think it needs both but either D/C fades into insignificance compared to a right of substitution. For a player, RoS is not going to be a thing so everything then becomes much more difficult if you are trying to "cheap" your way out of employer responsibilites or an employee trying to look like a business for tax/NI reasons.

Edited by oaksoft

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That may be the case but I am thinking specifically about companies like Capita who supply companies like nPower.

nPower have an office full of call centre staff none of whom are employees of nPower. All of them are employees of Capita.

The point here is that nPower are not responsible for Capita issuing zero hours contracts. The problem then becomes Capita's.

I am suggesting that Saints adopt this model for infrequent staffing to protect the club from this type of claim for staff such as security if they don't already.

With the players themselves there is no get out clause as far as I can tell. The players are employees and should be treated as such.

What kind of claim ?? You're mixing up zero hours contracts and NMW/NLW issues. Paying below NMW is illegal, utilising zero hour contracts (although in some cases immoral) isn't.

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

What kind of claim ?? You're mixing up zero hours contracts and NMW/NLW issues. Paying below NMW is illegal, utilising zero hour contracts (although in some cases immoral) isn't.

No I'm not. The discussion moved onto talking about both together and someone brought security staff into it.