Bad day for old Thesps!

Bud the Baker

So farewell then Hywel Bennett (73) although he had distinguished career it never quite fulfilled his initial promise - had been retired for 10 years or so. My favourite HB role was as Mr Croup in Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0071799/?ref_=nmbio_bio_nm

Farewell too to old luvvie Robert Hardy (91) well capable of playing serious roles but could often be found hamming it up in Fantasy potboilers like The 10th Kingdom.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0362735/

Did they ever appear together?

RIP acting dudes!

Edited by Bud the Baker

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

So farewell then Hywel Bennett (73) although he had distinguished career it never quite fulfilled his initial promise - had been retired for 10 years or so. My favourite HB role was as Mr Croup in Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere.

His defining role was as the feckless Shelley

I have to point out though BtB, not for the 1st time, you ain't half slow with the obituaries.

HB  died on the 25th July.

12 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

His defining role was as the feckless Shelley

I have to point out though BtB, not for the 1st time, you ain't half slow with the obituaries.

HB  died on the 25th July.

Guilty as charged - in my defence you get a link and the date is small and obscurely placed at times.

Getting back onto HB he consistently damaged his career with his heavy drinking - there was a point inn the early 70's when he was the next big thing with the combination of his acting chops and good looks. I suppose given the stories of his drinking reaching 73 years was a good Innings.

RIP Welshy