Sent from my {phone name here} using the Black & White Army app

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:14 PM, DougJamie said:

IPhone 7 and Samsung 8..................... and no doubt they will be obsolete in 5 months.......................

This thread is hilarious in the SMFC Old Folks Home Forum................... some on here still do smoke signals :P

coal.png

I don't understand the way some people use their mobile phones. 

Why do people insist on spending upwards of £1000 every one or  two years on the latest mobile phone and then use it to post and read inane shit on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter when their phone from 5 years ago is still perfectly capable of doing exactly the same thing? 

Why do football supporters who have set their Sky Box to record the live footage of the match they are at, being broadcast on Sky TV with 40 odd camera angles - insist on trying to film some of the footage of the game they are at on their mobile phone so they can publish their shitty shaky footage on You Tube for two people to watch? 

Why is it that with all that processing power in your pocket do you insist on playing "Word" or "Bejewelled"?

Why is it when at work someone needs to do a simple maths calculation do they go hunting for a calculator when they've got one on their phones? 

Why it is that when you are in a meeting or at dinner and someones phone beeps do they feel the need to check it straight away?

Why do people pay £800+ for a larger screen mobile phone when a SIM enabled tablet would serve them better for a fraction of the price? 

And the one that puzzles me the most - my girlfriend says she bought the iPhone X so that she could have a bigger screen. She then bought an Apple watch which she now uses to read all of the stuff on her phone so she doesn't have to take it out of her bag. What the f**k is that all about? 

I've had my latest phone  two years and four months, and just like my last phone I'm not going to upgrade it until it stops working. Hopefully I'll get a couple more years out of it before it gives up the ghost. There's absolutely no new killer features that makes me feel like I need to upgrade. 

11 minutes ago, StuD said:

I've had my latest phone  two years and four months, and just like my last phone I'm not going to upgrade it until it stops working. Hopefully I'll get a couple more years out of it before it gives up the ghost.

Something we agree on. My last phone was an iphone 5s which I bought second hand and had it sim-only for 3 years before the antennae and charging port gave up the ghost.  I then bought a Samsung A5 (also 2nd hand, from CeX) about 9 months ago, also sim-only and will happily use this until it packs in.