Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Cornwall_Saint

The Team of the Week Thread

Recommended Posts


26 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Don't we want forwards that score goals? 

We do but preferably ones that score in the Premiership! 🤣

I could probably have scored half of Goodwillie’s goals this season.............ok I’ve taken that too far haven’t I?

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

We do but preferably ones that score in the Premiership! 🤣

I could probably have scored half of Goodwillie’s goals this season.............ok I’ve taken that too far haven’t I?

Ah know, started out as a joke and it get's taken all serious. ha ha

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Exactly. If we wanted to sign players who can score at any old level, we could’ve just re-signed diddies like Lawrence Shankland. 😉

We couldnae afford him, he's a Scotland player now. 

It's funny that when we do sign any old diddies they usually are heralded as our saviours. 

 

Edited by Long John Baldy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

We couldnae afford him, he's a Scotland player now. 

It's funny that when we do sign any old diddies they usually are heralded as our saviours. 

 

Is my winky emoji no workin???

In all seriousness, I’d have been dead against signing Shankland purely based on his Ayr form from last season. However, it does look like the boy has screwed the nut and looks a decent player. Thought he was a stand out for Scotland the other night albeit against the might of San Marino. That said, some other would be superstars were playing against the same San Marino side and Shankland was still a stand out. Isn’t hindsight a wonderful thing. 

Having said that, we probably still couldn’t have afforded him based on his Ayr form never mind now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Started out as a troll*

Do you resort to this type of patter with everyone you don't agree with?

I've mentioned before you seem a simple soul, keep your one dimensional thoughts to yourself. 

You, obviously, don't even know what an internet troll is. 

Edited by Long John Baldy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Do you resort to this type of patter with everyone you don't agree with?

I've mentioned before you seem a simple soul, keep your one dimensional thoughts to yourself. 

You, obviously, don't even know what an internet troll is. 

Your initial post was about our strikers not been as good as lower league strikers because they got in the team of the week. I was given you credit that it was a troll as it should be painfully obvious to anyone and everyone that the team of the week is based on player performance at their teams level.

If you actually think L1 strikers are better than what we currently have then I was given you far too much credit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

Ah know, started out as a joke and it get's taken all serious. ha ha

 

 

 

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Your initial post was about our strikers not been as good as lower league strikers because they got in the team of the week. I was given you credit that it was a troll as it should be painfully obvious to anyone and everyone that the team of the week is based on player performance at their teams level.

If you actually think L1 strikers are better than what we currently have then I was given you far too much credit. 

Last word on this from me, best to starve you of any attention, you're a fanny. 

Ha ha ha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Who is LJB? It can't be any of the usual suspects as he has written some sense, so rules them all out. emoji848.png

I thought Shull was a decent bet, but then again if you're saying he's posted sense at some point, I completely stand corrected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...