So Farewell, BA's 747's

Cookie Monster

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Good news - perhaps foreign travel will become restricted to something like 1 holiday trip every 5 years and business trips approved only when necessary. 

Look forward to more Airplane's Graveyards!

The only equitable solution to the current pandemic is a Cambodian Style Year Zero and the Punk Rock that accompanied it

In South Africa the year before the football World Cup I met with one of the leaders of the committee organising the event and a government security expert and invited to a colloquium on how to handle the number of planes they would have on the ground as the number outstripped the, then, capacity of the airfields. Reminds me of the pics we see now of the number of parked planes. 

Edited by St.Ricky

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Correct. Gov policy will focus on work creation in domestic properties. Then incentives for low emission travel. Then industry. The first is an easy, if costly win, the second has started. Business users can get great deals, supported by Gov, on electric cars. Changes in work practices will help drive changes in industry but major change is costly. Tax incentives will be needed. 

Right so concentrating on the topic in hand any tears over the 747s demise are just first world nostalgia, they've had their day as has sending children up chimneys and licking asbestos tiles

As I should've replied to @Russian Saint I have let my passport expire and will never travel abroad again so I won't miss them...

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Right so concentrating on the topic in hand any tears over the 747s demise are just rich peoples nostalgia, they've had their day as has sending children up chimneys and licking asbestos tiles

As I should've replied to @Russian Saint I have let my passport expire and will never travel abroad again so I won't miss them...

About right. 

The first time I saw them was in their early days as Prestwick Airport was used as a trainibg base. 

Like you, I no longer travel overseas. 

Right so concentrating on the topic in hand any tears over the 747s demise are just first world nostalgia, they've had their day as has sending children up chimneys and licking asbestos tiles
As I should've replied to [mention=7598]Russian Saint[/mention] I have let my passport expire and will never travel abroad again so I won't miss them...

If you ever change your mind, I have two passports. You can borrow one if you like.

15 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

If you ever change your mind, I have two passports. You can borrow one if you like.

Lol. I still have two also. I enjoyed my visit to the Ballet in Moscow in that slightly famous theatre. Didn't fly there in a 747 anytime though. That journey from Moscow City Centre to the Airport is a nightmare. 

download (7).jpeg

Edited by St.Ricky

Lol. I still have two also. I enjoyed my visit to the Ballet in Moscow in that slightly famous theatre. Didn't fly there in a 747 anytime though. That journey from Moscow City Centre to the Airport is a nightmare. 
1191329597_download(7).jpeg.6f88cc6897df0d8cabc6f6c7643215f0.jpeg

My last visit to Moscow the Bolshoi was being renovated, I think it was closed for around 5 years. Red Square, St Basil’s cathedral are well worth a visit. Moscow in general is well worth a long weekend.

11 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

My last visit to Moscow the Bolshoi was being renovated, I think it was closed for around 5 years. Red Square, St Basil’s cathedral are well worth a visit. Moscow in general is well worth a long weekend.

Absolutely agree. (it was closed for years. One to stop it falling down.. I think. Two to upgrade it. Moscow Centre is worth a visit.. But not cheap. 

Absolutely agree. (it was closed for years. One to stop it falling down.. I think. Two to upgrade it. Moscow Centre is worth a visit.. But not cheap. 

I remember being in a supermarket in Yuzhno (Sakhalin Island) and having to do a double take........... they sold Irn Bru.