Paisley parking

antrin

I noticed Glasgow is going to extend parking charges to - 7 days a week up till 10.00pm at night.

I thought Paisley’s High Street and town shopping, pub and restaurant businesses were being helped by the 3 hours currently available, now it seems to be changing to resemble the punitive Glesca version.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv273dx3y45o

One hour free parking!?   How can people who are less mobile make that work for them?  How about shop workers who don’t live on a bus service route?

This alleged “plan” understandably concerns Buddie businesses.  :(

5 minutes ago, antrin said:

I noticed Glasgow is going to extend parking charges to - 7 days a week up till 10.00pm at night.

I thought Paisley’s High Street and town shopping, pub and restaurant businesses were being helped by the 3 hours currently available, now it seems to be changing to resemble the punitive Glesca version.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv273dx3y45o

One hour free parking!?   How can people who are less mobile make that work for them?  How about shop workers who don’t live on a bus service route?

This alleged “plan” understandably concerns Buddie businesses.  :(

Do what I do 

Just leave a tenner under the window wiper works everytime for me.. saves paying those extortionate parking fees £2 a day in some car parks 

13 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Do what I do 

Just leave a tenner under the window wiper works everytime for me.. saves paying those extortionate parking fees £2 a day in some car parks 

Huh? Surely leaving a £10 note under your wiper will just be picked up by a passerby?

Do you leave your car for 5 days then? 😂 

52 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

The council is running at a loss so every penny is a prisoner. This however is short sighted in terms of increasing footfall to the town. 

It only means more people with cars will go to the out of town retail centres. 

You could always use the McGills bus service they're as regular as constipation   :toilet