Top 5 Albums Your Currently Listening To

Liverpool Bud

Hoi, Herbie, what’s the new Placebo like? I’ve got all up to Black Market Music and dug out Without You I’m Nothing recently and realised it’s still ace. Dunno any of the recent stuff.

It's good but not quite as good as the previous albums. Very samey and angst ridden as you would expect. Infra Red is excellent as is Song to Say Goodbye.

7 out of 10. :)

Glad I've finally found another Placebo fan at last. I'm dying to see them live and I think they're playing Glasgow soon. Fancy it? (the gig that is) :P

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy HHiBBS.

Got a pile of cds that you requested. Dylan, Browne, Ash, Timmy Mallett etc. You've been hiding recently.

You can now buy me those pints you promised me after the last bundle.

(Tumbleweed blows past as HHIBS is last seen sprinting into the distance :wink: )

Hiding?? Moi?? Were ye no' at Brechin? :rolleyes:

The pints are well in order; don't believe cock-less1987lb. It will be a pleasure, my good man.

By the way, you DID manage to remember the Steps, Hearsay & Girls Aloud stuff, didn't you...?

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

This Friday's choices are:-

1. Tonight's the Night - Neil Young

2. Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden - superb album.

3. Eels (with strings) - Live at Town Hall. Wonderful songwriting.

4. Solid Air - John Martyn

5. Decade - Neil Young.

Also listening to Ragged Glory. On a bit of a Neil Young skit at the moment.

Guest proudtobeabuddi3

1. Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe

2. Rob Zombie - The Sinister Urge

3. Motley Crue - Motley Crue

4. The Cult - Beyond Good And Evil

5. Aerosmith - Honkin' On Bobo

• 2 weeks later...

Playing Gun - Taking on the World. wee bit of old school rocking.

1989. :) excellent.

Are you aware that Gun's drummer Scott Shields, ended up the guitarist in Joe Strummer's Mescaleros.....................?

The 1st Gun album is rather good as is Slide's album 'Down So Long' from the same time, both miles better than their pishy peers, T*x*s.....................

Guest wydisanob

Is that any good Ally? Was going to buy it last week but bought Placebo instead.

Anyhoo,

1. Placebo - Meds

2. Gang of Four - A brief history of the Twentieth Century

3. Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen In love?

4. Swervedriver - Mezcal Head

5. Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks

excellent coices

On first listen not as good as The Soft Bulletin or Yoshimi, but still with some fine moments. Will probably improve with repeated listening though, it's very BIG in production terms, so a bit overwhelming first time round :)

Hears a track from it on Radio Scotland last night, The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song, I think. A bit mental, but that’s The Flaming Lips for you. Yoshimi I’m a bit up and down about. Sometimes I think it’s really good, other times I think it’s a bit bloated. The Soft Bulletin is excellent. The only thing about it is I take a helluva time to get round to listening to albums that I know are good and that’s one of them.

Hears a track from it on Radio Scotland last night, The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song, I think. A bit mental, but that’s The Flaming Lips for you. Yoshimi I’m a bit up and down about. Sometimes I think it’s really good, other times I think it’s a bit bloated. The Soft Bulletin is excellent. The only thing about it is I take a helluva time to get round to listening to albums that I know are good and that’s one of them.

I tend to agree. I think they are generally trying to be huge in sound, and deliberately excessive at times. Like most song-based bands though, it works best when the songs are strong enough, and doesn't work when the songs sound like an afterthought to the decorative production.

I tend to agree. I think they are generally trying to be huge in sound, and deliberately excessive at times. Like most song-based bands though, it works best when the songs are strong enough, and doesn't work when the songs sound like an afterthought to the decorative production.

The genius of Rush explained in a nutshell........................

I’m Wide Awake, It’s Morning – Bright Eyes

Attack of the Grey Lantern – Mansun

The Contino Sessions – Death In Vegas

The Singles – Pretenders

Hosannas From the Basement of Hell – Killing Joke

Also listening to Beat This: The Best of by The Beat and Protection by Massive Attack.

Regarding the above comments about Canada's finest, it works constantly with Lee, Lifeson & Peart as they have no songs that "sound like an afterthought to the decorative production." :wink: