1. Parade - Prince

2. Substance - New Order

3. Sunday 8PM - Faithless

4. Midnight Express - Original soundtrack from the film

5. Funeral - The Arcade Fire

Also Screamadelica by Primal Scream

245238[/snapback]

Just fainted, Greig!!

Only one pile of shite listed! That's good going for you.

:o:P

Prince is a wee f**kin prick. His music is even worse than his dress sense or his over-inflated ego.

The purple prick...

:angry:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just fainted, Greig!!

Only one pile of shite listed! That's good going for you.

:o  :P

245297[/snapback]

Damn! Must be losing my touch.

Prince is a wee f**kin prick. His music is even worse than his dress sense or his over-inflated ego.

The purple prick...

:angry:

245297[/snapback]

I used to think the wee cúnt was supremely bollocks but liked one or two songs. Then I heard the Purple Rain album and thought it was pretty good. Listened to it properly and realised the motherfúcker had a bit of talent. Then heard a few more albums and thought, much as I didn't want to, that it was somewhat enjoyable.

Then I bought Parade which is, frankly, a bit mental but there is some absolutely great songs on it; Girls and Boys, Mountains, Anotherloverholenyohead (aye, aye, pretentious twat) and Sometimes It Snows in April, which is a really beautiful song.

So go on; drop your prejudice. You might even like him. He sings about Paisley, after all. :lol:

A bit.......haven't heard their name mentioned since the Clubhouse... think Herbie was a fan.  :rolleyes:

243316[/snapback]

I was indeed and still listening to them. Nowhere is by far the best album.

Ride were also tremendous live. Best gig of my life was Reading Festival

(1991 I think), Ride playing just before the Smashing Pumpkins on the Saturday. f**king magic. :D

Don't remember you from the Clubhoose though Bongo. :blink:

PS. For all you ex Clubhoose junkies, I saw Davie the bouncer quite recently. Blind as a bat now with a guide dug and a stick. Very sad. :(

(1991 I think), Ride playing just before the Smashing Pumpkins on the Saturday. f**king magic. :D

PS. For all you ex Clubhoose junkies, I saw Davie the bouncer quite recently. Blind as a bat now with a guide dug and a stick. Very sad. :(

245588[/snapback]

Can you remember as far back as 1991 Herbie..... :P

Seen Davie in Moss Street a few weeks back. Not nice

245588[/snapback]

If I recall correctly that was a scorcher that weekend. And didn't Nirvana make an appearance pre-gargantuan fame?

If I recall correctly that was a scorcher that weekend. And didn't Nirvana make an appearance pre-gargantuan fame?

245648[/snapback]

Dunno Howard. I thought that was the weekend that it was cold and wet on the Friday, scorchio on the saturday but pishing from the heavens all day Sunday. So much so that all the cars and even a polis horse got stuck in the mud. I may be wrong though.

The only time I saw Nirvana was when the headlined Reading on a Sunday night. It was the last UK gig they ever played (the Cobain in a wheelchair one), and it was definitely pishing and freezing that night.

Dunno Howard. I thought that was the weekend that it was cold and wet on the Friday, scorchio on the saturday but pishing from the heavens all day Sunday. So much so that all the cars and even a polis horse got stuck in the mud. I may be wrong though.

The only time I saw Nirvana was when the headlined Reading on a Sunday night. It was the last UK gig they ever played (the Cobain in a wheelchair one), and it was definitely pishing and freezing that night.

245784[/snapback]

That was 1992 Herbie. A good weekend ruined by the weather and then realising my bird at the time was the biggest torn faced cow I had ever met! Oh well live and learn. :rolleyes:

245784[/snapback]

A certain Mr. D. Kelly (whom I think may post on here) told me of that particular event. Quite funny as I recall.

1. Rum, Sodomy & The Lash – The Pogues

2. Stop Making Sense – Talking Heads

3. S&M – Metallica

4. Mezzanine – Massive Attack

5. Poland – Tangerine Dream

247017[/snapback]

Asda are selling Metallica's Cunning Stunts double DVD for 4.97 of your earth pounds along with a few other music titles.................

Guest 26-59-87

3. S&M – Metallica

247017[/snapback]

No, No, No, Your last 5, (post 529) were first class. This lot? :o:o:)

3. S&M – Metallica

247017[/snapback]

Can't vouch for the other 3 but the Talking Heads and Massive Attack albums are top notch. Mezzanine is without doubt MA's best work, but I'm looking forward to the new album, anyone any idea when it's out?

My Top 5 is as follows:

Massive Attack - Evelen Promos (DVD)

Royksopp - The Understanding

Belle & Sebastian - The Life Pursuit

Love & Money - Strange Kind Of Love

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever...

No, No, No, Your last 5, (post 529) were first class.  This lot?  :o  :o   :)

247027[/snapback]

Sorry, I do apologise. I shouldn't listen to whatever the fúck I want being as I have a brain of my own but should, in fact, listen to what you think is good, being the most important person on this website that you are. <_<

Can't vouch for the other 3 but the Talking Heads and Massive Attack albums are top notch. Mezzanine is without doubt MA's best work, but I'm looking forward to the new album, anyone any idea when it's out?

My Top 5 is as follows:

Massive Attack - Evelen Promos (DVD)

Royksopp - The Understanding

Belle & Sebastian - The Life Pursuit

Love & Money - Strange Kind Of Love

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever...

247082[/snapback]

B&S are awright but I'm not crazy about them. Funnily enough I was thinking I hadn't heard Melody AM for a wee while and will probably dig that out over the weekend. Strange Kind of Love, though, is superb. One of the best albums from a Scottish band ever.

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Guest Banjo Twanger
Sorry, I do apologise. I shouldn't listen to whatever the fúck I want being as I have a brain of my own but should, in fact, listen to what you think is good, being the most important person on this website that you are. <_<

B&S are awright but I'm not crazy about them. Funnily enough I was thinking I hadn't heard Melody AM for a wee while and will probably dig that out over the weekend. Strange Kind of Love, though, is superb. One of the best albums from a Scottish band ever.

247145[/snapback]

But...but...but....what about Jeff Buckley? :D

Guest Mirren1877

1. The Darkness - One Way ticket to hell and back

2. Panic At The Disco - A fever you can't sweat out

3. The Datsuns

4. The Strokes - First impressions of earth

5. System of a down - Hypnotize

Ride's albums have just be re-released as far as I'm aware. Had been listening to a band called Amusement Parks on Fire which really reminded me of Ride and got me listening to them again.

243376[/snapback]

Nice one KS.

Just got Amusement Parks on Fire through from Amazon after reading this :rolleyes:.

I see where you're coming from with the Ride influence. Loads of My Bloody Valentine and Adorable going on in there as well.

Good album. f**king hard to find though!

:thumbs2