Reidy1987

1. The sax solo on Reasons to be Cheerful, Part 3

2. The guitar solo on Badge

3. The guitar solo on Alright Now

4. The flute and mellotron on Legend of a Mind

5. The violin solo on Baba O'Reilly

What......................?

No.....................Woo-hoo, woo-hoo-hoo. Woo-hoo, woo-hoo-hoo

The guitar build up on WFL(Vince Clark remix) is superb as is the chorus on This is the One, Any AC/DC riffing along with the boom, boom, boom from the original Satellite of Love, (SADLY MISSING ON THE CRAP REMIX) and the Ramones giving it Hey Ho Let's Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ermmm..... in no particular order

Coldplay - The Scientist (piano at beggining)

Dire Straits - Walk Of Life (1st 35 seconds at the start)

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (solo piano part about 56 seconds into it)

Scissor Sisters - Laura (accordion part at the start)

Oasis - Wonderwall (again right at the start) quality loop if edited correctly :rolleyes:

Dire Straits - Walk Of Life (1st 35 seconds at the start)

Oasis - Wonderwall (again right at the start) quality loop if edited correctly :rolleyes:

Queen: as s***e as the english one.

But agree on the Dire Straits - no bad at all.

Too old to have heard (or bothered) with a couple of the others...

But the Wonderwall suggestion...? :o

Do you know of anyone who could possibly do such a thing as 'edit a track correctly' - apart from the folk wot made it? :P

But the Wonderwall suggestion...? :o

Do you know of anyone who could possibly do such a thing as 'edit a track correctly' - apart from the folk wot made it? :P

Erm I meant the piece of music Im talking about... The guitar riff... If you edit it bang on (save with a mini-disc or so) you get a continous loop of the piece of music :P

The bit in Just (Radiohead) where the guitar spirals out leaving just the bass line.

The backwards guitar solo in Crush with Eyeliner (R.E.M.)

When Eddie Vedder wails "Why couldn't it be in mine" on Black (Pearl Jam)

When Kirsten Hersch gives up singing and just screams on just about every early Throwing Muses track.

and although I am not a big M+M fan, the bit where he starts laying in to Tipper Gore is fantastic.

Reidy,

Probably more than you want to know this but the bass arrangement on "Walk on the Wild Side" was two tracks one played on an upright bass and one on an electric.

Herbie Flowers who played bass on the album says that this was his arrangement and the reason for the two different bass guitars was that he was being paid MU rates (£6 per instrument per song).

Anorak off!

Reidy,

Probably more than you want to know this but the bass arrangement on "Walk on the Wild Side" was two tracks one played on an upright bass and one on an electric.

Herbie Flowers who played bass on the album says that this was his arrangement and the reason for the two different bass guitars was that he was being paid MU rates (£6 per instrument per song).

Anorak off!

I knew it was Herbie Flowers, Bud, but I didn't know the rest of the story. Feckin brilliant noise though...

• 4 weeks later...

Good call with the guitars on "Just" Rothesay. That's one of my favourite songs ever.

Hmmm....

The guitar solo in "Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy" by Queen. That actually makes me smile it's so cleverly constructed, with the stereo effect as well. The sound is just so great as well.

Same for Bernard Butler's guitar solo on "We Are The Pigs" by Suede. See after the first part of the solo builds up and the backing music suddenly changes back to the main rhythm of the song and he just wanders about the guitar, that's just genius, then he makes it scream right at the end. Brilliance.

The instrumental bit at the end of "I Am The Resurrection" by the Stone Roses.

The first time the uplifting "chorus" starts on "Got Glint?" by the Chemical Brothers.....one of the loveliest sounds ever commited to record.

Eric Clapton's guitar solo on "While My Guitar Gently Sleeps" by The Beatles. Wow.