Bands / Performers

Bud the Baker

I've been watching Channel 4's Music Hall of Fame. Care to choose 5 acts one from each of the following decades; 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's?

Five acts are exempt Elvis Presley, The Beatles, Bob Marley, U2 and Madonna.

By clicking on the site below you can get onto their site and see the nominees:Hall of Fame

50's: Chuck Berry

60's: Bob Dylan

70's: Pink Floyd

80's: R.E.M.

90's: Nirvana

There's lots of stuff on the site altho' not all of the pages work!

Some of the commentry is pretty ropey too. How can Born to Run not be one of Springsteen's essential albums?

Do YOUR OWN best live acts not some fuu-cck wit from a tv programe.

Out of all the live acts i have seen, wow hard one this. their is so many however i will try.

1- Pink Floyd - Earls Court

2- Muse - SSEC

3- Green Jelly - Cathouse

4 Deff Leapord - Hysteira tour at the Playhouse. Also the loudest band i have heard

5-Thin Lizzy- Glasgow Apollo

LS,

I was reasonably happy with the choices offered apart from the 90's where I would have chosen Dream Theater (US band/spelling).

Best Live bands I've seen -

1. Alice Cooper: Always a great show - backing band can be variable.

2. Bruce Springsteen (Edinburgh Playhouse 1981) - seen him at bigger venues since but he's was on top form on The River tour.

3. Bob Marley

4. Big Country: Loudest gig by far & I've seen Motorhead, Iron Maiden, The Who (First Farewell Tour) oh and Thin Lizzy :P

5. The Ramones

I've been watching Channel 4's Music Hall of Fame. Care to choose 5 acts one from each of the following decades; 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's?

Five acts are exempt Elvis Presley, The Beatles, Bob Marley, U2 and Madonna.

By clicking on the site below you can get onto their site and see the nominees:Hall of Fame

There's lots of stuff on the site altho' not all of the pages work!

Some of the commentry is pretty ropey too. How can Born to Run not be one of Springsteen's essential albums?

That is one crap site, it's got beer at £1.70 a pint in the 70S, when it claims an LP WAS £12.99...........

Bud The Baker.

Bob Marley you are one lucky man. Hope you were not on the weed !

Dream Theater should be bigger in this country i seen them in the Cathouse few years ago. Good choice Bud !

This aint too bad ether though Chuck Berry must be a close run thing with Buddy Holly. So much good music in the 60s where do you begin infact maybe the best decade ever. 70s Again so many good progressive bands not easy to pick , has to be a personal choice :rolleyes: REM were good best of the 08s mmmm !

Nirvana, ok Nivermind is a personal classic but best of the 90s fuu-cck off no way the other albums from Nirvana were not ground breaking. Has to be the Spice Gils

Only jocking :D I dont know who it could be ?

50s - Bobby Darin

60s - Beatles

70s - Mike Oldfield

80s - REM

90s- Radiohead

Considering the 80s is supposed to be the worst decade for music, it was the hardest to choose, could have had Husker Du, Throwing Muses or OMD :)

Kevin Spacey is playing Bobby Darin in a new biopic. He was on Parky singing a couple of his songs and was rank rotten. :blink:

Who actually were the first members of the UK Music Hall of Fame. I caught the end with:

80's - U2

90's - r*bbie w!lliams (indicative of how complete and utter pish the 90's were)

50's - Cliff Richard and the Shadows (wonder if Hank wears slippers too :P )