All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Going to be a cracking day in Paisley, I'll be there in a few hours. This was taken earlier this morning.........................
  3. Agreed, I think you summarise the nature of the beast. People want to be sold on independence by being impressed by the SNP & want them to demonstrate competence. It is a bit of a frustration for me (and others I’m sure) though as the SNP are not Scottish independence. I see them only as a vehicle. Post independence, let the democratic party voting system decide who leads the country and in what form. For me, I wish more people made up their mind on independence around the capability, resources and people of Scotland than the adequacy of the SNP. Get that’s not likely to happen in large numbers though.
  4. Today
  5. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c97z27mqjmro
  6. Yesterday
  7. Can we expect thousands of middle class lefty’s taking to the streets of U.K. city’s this weekend to demonstrate for a ceasefire? I won’t hold my breath as there are no Jews involved.
  8. I am very happy he is gone. He was a divisive race baiter 👍🏻
  9. This is a fair and balanced post. You do make some very good points, however it’s about looking forward and how to build overwhelming support in the population for independence, I think the best way to achieve this is by proving that an SNP government can be trusted and be competent. This has been lacking in recent years.
  10. I agree that we owe them one and after the last two performances we could easily get the 3 points and that would be pretty much Europe in the bag. I certainly don't get the negativity of us qualifying for Europe, it's another sign we are a club on the up and while I wouldn't see us having a long run, who cares.
  11. Ha ha ha ha ha ha 10/10
  12. Gogic's new contract will surely put a spring in our step on Saturday. Great opportunity to celebrate prolonging his stay with us and collect 3 points at the same time. Before the the Dundee game, I said we owed them one after they hammered us 4-0 at Dens before Christmas, and sure enough the lads delivered. Same goes this week. We owe Kilmarnock one after the 5-2 hammering at Rugby park. This time we're at home, so........ COYS!!
  13. You should be used to it by now
  14. WTF? Philippe Clement leads SFWA Manager of the Year nominations as Rangers boss on four-man shortlist. WHY? With the resources at his disposal he is leading a team in a division of two and he, ATM, is coming second!
  15. exiledfan

Gogic

Yes I think that the fact that we are securing the service of players quicker and on longer deals has given us so much more stability. Robo also likes to get his deals done early which helps. Gone are the days when you see late deals and a high turnover at the end of each season. This helps the positive start we made this season.
  16. As with Saints 90% of me thinks we should do it on Saturday, however 10% of me thinks big crowd expecting at home will we do it when these games we have traditionally messed it up. I'm going for a very late 1-0 win for saints with the goal coming in last 10 minutes. Incidentally, I don't see Hearts beating Dundee as a given. Dundee have pulled off some good results to get in the top 6 as well and hearts really have nothing much to play for.
  17. stlucifer

Gogic

Some might say, if VAR did its job, we could well be in 4th place right now. I get the fact it's not the greatest competition and why some may think it a mere distraction but I can't begrudge our younger supporters the opportunity to be at a European game we older folk have been lucky enough to attend. For the likes of yourself, it is a fantastic feeling to actually be able to say, "We are involved in a competition outside our domestic league".
  18. For me the euro place aside from being the first I can go to is not the only temptation for players it is the latest sign of progression that we have had over the last few years which is as much the lure for players. Last year 6th , this year 5th ok we will never get 1st or 2nd but everyone laughed at tony when he said top half but here we are.bif the club can continue to improve then perhaps 4th at some point
  19. At this stage, it really will not help, who would sign up on the promise of a one day trip to Kazakhstan? If we were to progress to the group stages then that would possibly help raise our profile, as before it would also attract kite-flying agents (remember Oleg Blokhin) who think that being in a euro comp is a sign of money swilling around waiting to be spent. I really don't get all the excitement around maybe getting in to a qualifier for the European Conference. It's really just a qualifier to get into a proper European competition
  20. I don't know if it really will. We'll most likely go out in the qualifiers, as we would have to get through 3 qualifying rounds, and they'll be pretty decent teams in the 3rd and play-off rounds especially. Although based on the prize money on offer, it should be worth 1 or 2 extra players to us.
  21. In 2014 we were told, ‘vote no and’ - stay in the EU - don’t end up with declining living standards, much higher taxation, much higher debts, much higher deficits - protect the NHS & social care - protect services - protect the housing market & state pension. Absolutely every one of those promises was a lie & each area has deteriorated/ came to pass in Scotland, along with the rest of the UK despite us doing what we were told. Project fear was projection & we were sold an absolute dummy regarding the way we should vote. It was telling us what would happen if we voted no, not yes. In the last few years the SNP have released multiple, expert led papers on a new vision for Scotland as an independent nation. There are unanswered questions, of course. But that’s always going to be the case because there are factual points that the UK gov would need to negotiate & agree to, and they wouldn’t do that without a yes vote. It’s catch 22, people wanting information that can’t be provided. What I would say on that, any concern on unanswered questions, surely the last 10 Years have shown us there’s the same types of concerns by trusting the status quo? I feel devolution has become a safety blanket for a failing UK government. It’s easy to blame Labour & blame the SNP for the issues in Wales and Scotland. But people just need to look holistically to see the issues are largely not because of devolved governments. They are systemic across the UK. It’s a bit like a company failing and instead of blaming the BOD, people blame the team leaders on the front line.
  22. Hunterian

Gogic

As has been remarked previously the lure of Euro footie should tempt better players and perhaps push our budget up a bit. Cautious optimism. Enjoy these moments as they could disappear in a flicker. Without sounding like an old man I was at those last 2 Euro games in ‘87, I was a quarter of the age I am now!!
  23. I'm getting the impression you're really upset he's stepped down You'll just have to turn your vitriol posts now on Gentleman John Swinney now
  24. aye…. Humza should have taken the FM oath in Gaelic while dressed in full Highland regalia, just like all preceding FM’s have done. or is that me just being a bit of a mental fascist arsehole?
  25. Playing the victim right to the end. Do you mean racist bigots like the nursery owner in Dundee? “His heart will always belong to Scotland “ then why did you take the FM oath in Urdu while dressed in the national dress of Pakistan? Given that the SNP have now decided that there foray into the weird and wacky world of loony left policy is now over will they see a difference in the polls?
  1. Load more activity