• Latest Topics

• I heard that the latest opinion polls shows that Labour will have a majority in Scotland with the SNP losing a considerable amount of seats which will put an end to the this fairy tale that some will not let go despite having the opportunity in the last democratic vote. I wonder if this comes to fruition what the bitter element in the SNP, continually shouting about lies etc, will come up with after their pumped at the polls?   
    • There will never be another referendum if we  all think as you do. Either not believing in Scotland's ability to fend for itself, (which you kind of let it be known by calling us "a region"), or deciding that we cannot force the issue. I can assure you that, if we have belief and if we choose to voice that belief, we can and will get the choice once more. We might not be in the EU as it stands but that is not the only reason for the referendum being called. IF enough vote for the change, even if the blue, or red tories decide to block our route to choose I believe that pressure could be put to turn that decision. We would not be the first nation to separate from the so called British Empire. We would have just as much right to do so if it is the will of the people. If this was not the case, the unionists would not be trying every underhanded trick in the book to stop the SNP.
    • I admire your enthusiasm, however there has been a lot of unforeseen outcomes throughout history when chasing ideals. I don’t think there will ever be another independence vote in the U.K. because we are no longer in the EU. The only reason that Cameron agreed to the 2014 vote was because we were an anomaly in Europe (a region that voted consistently different from the government they received) the EU put pressure on the U.K. to remedy the anomaly so hay presto a referendum. Since this pressure is no longer relevant then I don’t foresee another referendum. 
  • Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.