• Latest Topics

• Not sure about that. Surely impacts on taxation, providing services, NHS performance, for anyone needing or who has family needing social care, and infrastructure?    I would look at it more as an utter shame, that people in your families position would have been made to look as outcasts or looked down on for getting help while the rich get richer. (The only thing pretty consistent throughout recent human history).   Why shouldn’t your mother take the support that’s there when life has dealt her & her family such a difficult hand? (Would be my view)    It’s really disappointing in 2024, while billionaires get richer, every day living gets more expensive & living standards actually decline as technology advances. That people still place blame on the poorest in society because they can’t maintain a decent quality of life with less & less equivalent income & higher and higher, costs of goods and services.    Many people using food banks now, work full time in jobs that in the past would be considered pretty decent. It used to be that families could be supported on single incomes, now many struggle even with both parents working. If some genuinely don’t place any blame on successive governments for that, think they should be ‘ignored’ and its just a matter of looking after one’s self to the best of their ability… well… I guess that explains why people backed parties like the Tories time & time again through the 70s, 80s & 90s as well as the last 14 years.    Finally, I’m sorry but calling charity support for people in a developed country, when incomes & government support have declined so much, while costs have exploded along with taxes ‘enabling’ is extremely ignorant imo. 
    • No moving of the goalposts at all. The Tories are the ones accountable as the UK government. That isn’t to say the SNP are without fault.    You’re just making it up that I’m saying there are absolutely no other factors impacting people’s lives other than the Tories. You’re a fantasist. 
  • Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.