Sign in to follow this  
pozbaird

Tunnel panel ideas

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I remember when we were doing the 'Final Chapter' book. Many of the 'celebrity' contributors gave us their stories and just said, crack on and stick it in the book... (I paraphrase). Big Yogi being a prime example. 'Good luck wi' yer' book son, Smuurrrnn is a good club,' etc. An experience I am unlikely to forget in a hurry - interviewing Yogi in his office before a Falkirk v St Mirren game. The guy is mental, but so entertaining. I could have listened to his tales all day over a few beers... anyway I digress. Two people really took an interest in the nuts and bolts of their page in the book - GLS and Chick Young. Chick took the initial draft and changed things, tweaked things, altered wording. In doing so, from my original draft, you could see his vast experience in writing and broadcasting coming to the fore - the changes made it better, scan better, read better. He was a pro' we were enthusiastic amateurs. One thing Chick was insistent on was the removal of un-necessary exclamation marks. I had put a few in, but Chick explained that they can actually take away from, and not add to, the impact you are trying to achieve. Sometimes, he explained, adding the exclamation mark can make a sentence seem light-hearted and jokey! Like you are being funny!

Just like I did there. Pretty spot-on was Chick. 

Anyway, this is either an interesting wee story, or a boring waste of bandwidth. :P

Why dont we go for the We are St.mirren , This is Paisley stuff without exclamation marks but add an angry face emoji at the end so the opposition know we mean business ?

38 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Why dont we go for the We are St.mirren , This is Paisley stuff without exclamation marks but add an angry face emoji at the end so the opposition know we mean business ?

How about 'We are St Mirren, this is Paisley, and you're being set to ignore'.

The idea behind this seems to be intended to reinforce the brand and inspire our team and players. These should, in my opinion at least, reinforce the values the owners (fans) and board seek to promote.

These seem to include One Town..One Team. Also to paraphrase Martin Luther King.."we have a dream".

That dream for fans is a successful first team and for players is to play, perform well, win and progress in their career. I.E. All of us have a Dream for our team in our town and an emotional investment in