Last Chance Saloon - Coys ! ! ! !

thewhiteman

Attention St Mirren fans - your club needs you!

Right now the club's SPL status is hanging in the balance and the next two games are among the biggest the club has faced in years.

We all know this season has been an epic disappointment for many reasons, both in terms of results on the park and decisions made off it.

But ultimately when the players walk out at Motherwell tomorrow and against Ross County on Monday, that doesn't matter - all that does is them getting the points we need to keep ourselves in with a chance of survival.

We all know what is at stake and what the likely cost of relegation will be - cuts on and off the park and a scaling back of our excellent youth academy which does so much good for the club and community.

Paisley needs and deserves a top-league football team but it could be a long time until it has one again if the club goes down now.

So SMiSA is issuing a rallying call to all fans to get themselves through to Fir Park on Tuesday night and put on a show of support for the team.

In seasons gone by St Mirren have often been at their best when faced with a do-or-die relegation game.

Gus MacPherson once talked about how the incredible atmosphere created by the fans pre-match at Falkirk in 2009 inspired the players to the out standing performance and victory that followed, so don't think for a second that you can't make a difference.

And nobody will ever forget what happened at Fir Park in 2007 on a day when everything looked lost.

Everybody could see the levels of work rate and commitment from the players on Friday night against Celtic, and there was quality on show too.

So let's show our young team that we are with them every step of the way and none of us are going down without a fight

If you weren't planning on doing so already, get yourself through to Motherwell tomorrow night and make some noise in support of our team.

Get there early, bring your flags, and get ready to roar the team on to a result.

What about Bibles , Prayermats and Rosary Beads do you think the big Polis will let folk in with them?

I might pray to Allah or the Phrophet Mohammed. Anything. I'm not Catholic, but I might try two Hail Marys and three Hello Dollys, just in case.

Edited by pozbaird

I appear to have something in my eye! I can't afford away games atm but I WILL be there tomoro night cos the team needs as much backing as possible - last grasp at actually been part of the fight and not just defo gone! Don't think we will see anything like that day, I'll take a scrappy 1 nil goal going in aff someone's arse!

I appear to have something in my eye! I can't afford away games atm but I WILL be there tomoro night cos the team needs as much backing as possible - last grasp at actually been part of the fight and not just defo gone! Don't think we will see anything like that day, I'll take a scrappy 1 nil goal going in aff someone's arse!

I always think that , Broadfoot played a huge part that day and in that whole relegation fight , that season , despite having signed a Bosman for that old defunct mob. .

I always think that , Broadfoot played a huge part that day and in that whole relegation fight , that season , despite having signed a Bosman for that old defunct mob. .

Broadfoot was class....then went there and they hated him...arses! I always remember my pal's wee boy turning round and asking me why his dad was crying that day. Days like that ye never forget icon12.gif

Broadfoot was class....then went there and they hated him...arses! I always remember my pal's wee boy turning round and asking me why his dad was crying that day. Days like that ye never forget icon12.gif

Yes , Sharon , it was very much an emotional roller-coaster that day , even wee Anxious was greetin' when they interviewed him after the game . It is games like that that make it all worthwhile. .

My enduring thought will always be watching Suttons first goal slowly trickling over the line(we were all willing it into the net) , it seemed like an age because the ball was slowed down by all the sand they had chucked down. .

Then Billy scored a blinder !! The lassie sitting next to me had gone to the lavvy during Billy's goal but by the time she came back we were still celebrating and then she asked the old fella next to her "Who scored ?" the old fella says "It was number 15" (Corky I think) , I then told her that it was Billy and she just looked stunned , classic. .

I never wanted to go home I just wanted to stand there and sing Saints songs with all the other Buddies . We sang all the way down the stairs at Poundland and even when we got outside . .

Edited by saintnextlifetime