Club Sale. Developments "very Soon"

div

I don't think that SG actually needs any ideas to be our Chairperson. What I look for in a Chairperson is someone that I can trust to guide the decision making process at the club and to stop us doing anything wreckless with the club. There will be no end of ideas. There will be no end of pressure to break the cautious financial policies that have served us well under SG's leadership. Someone at the head of the club / 10,000hrs that will keep the ship steady is what is required. Young upstarts with fancy ideas is good - however an old experienced head that has proven himself time and again over a long and successful period is exactly what you want in a Chairperson.

The club has never been great at communication. 10,000hrs communication has actually been very good. When there was something to tell us, they have communicated it to us. When there was nothing to tell us they didn't waste our time or their effort telling us nothing to tell you. I only want to be informed when things are happening as everything else is a waste of my time. I hate cnuts that waste my valuable time with pointless blah, blah. We are a society flooded with information...the last thing we need is further non-information about nothing happening. We are a football support - not a c"ntcil department.

guys . i am all for change at the club with new ownership, but do not have full confidence in this 10,000HRS. This has now been talked about for over 1 year now and lets be honest the majority of fans do not have a clue what is going on. We get an email this week with pages of legal jargon, this is not what I am wanting to hear or see at present. we are being asked to fork out £10 per month or even £3000 upfront for a life membership, if you are being asked to pay for something, then you want to know what you are getting for your money and from what I can see, it is as clear as mud at present.

Without him who will do it....REA?...YOU?..St SId?..Poz? Stuart D?.....

Well, I would vote for:-

Pozbaird in charge of the Coffee, Tea, Mars Bars and Pies.

St. Sid can be in charge of Sausage Rolls and Signing Players.

Stuart Dickson could be in charge of all things technical and legal at the Club.

The Silent Majority and Lex would be joint responsible for hiring and firing Managers and their Assistants, player training regimes and diets.

Kendo would be in charge of Hospitality and responsible for all the Peroni and in charge of a Supporters Bar (if we ever get one).

Shull would get an "Executive" position within the Club and have an exclusive "Taxi contract" for all Club staff and Officials. He would of course get free entry to all games as part of his contract as well as double mileage for all taxi-ing duties.

Faraway would be the Janitor.

Tony Fitzpatrick and Billy Abercrombie would would be "meeters and greeters" at Hospitality.

A wee bit early to be worrying about who will be avalable for election. There's still work to be done in ensuring this can happen. There are still pestiferous scumbags at work in the background trying to kill off fan ownership. Scandalous that f'k'rk c"ntcil were allowed to plough cash into inbred fc. The SNP were happy to do it there - yet they are actively seeking to scupper fan ownership at St Mirren.

With the upcoming local elections we have the opportunity to send them a very clear message. Act against St Mirren and you are not a friend of Renfrewshire.....vote them out of the power they are abusing.

You seem to worship the ground that Richard Atkinson walks on. I have to wonder why that is ? Is there perhaps, as I was told at the game yesterday, a little incentive involved here ? I think we should be told the truth Sid.

You seem determined to shift the blame for the failure of the CIC and the Co-op mark 1/2/3 from Mr. Atkinson to some unnamed councillors. If you have any proof of this I think we should see it. In writing please. If not I again have to question your motives in all this. The only person I see on here opposed to the Black and White knight's fantasy football schemes, and who mentions political parties, is a guy by the name of Ed from Glenburn who says he votes Labour !

Why would local councillors, from any Party, have a say in deciding the funding of Mr. Atkinson schemes ? Is it not far more likely that the funders took a cold hard look at the schemes and simply said - no way ?

I seem to remember that it was SNP councillors who, with a couple of Labour ones, voted against official advice, to grant planning permission for our new ground. Without that decision St. Mirren would have gone out of business a few years ago.

I also seems to remember the Council lent St. Mirren a large sum of money in a low interest loan for a long number of years which kept the Club going when things were really bad.

You only have to look at the Club web site to see the many things the Council and St Mirren are doing in the community together. The street football scheme is a good example of this. I don't know how much income this puts through the Club's books but it's probably quite a lot.

I am sure that no one, including even me, wants to "scupper" REAL fan ownership but I cannot support Mr. Atkinson's schemes.

All in all, I think you are too keen to shift the blame away from your good friend Richard and on to someone else.

I think Richard would be the first to admit he has made some mistakes along the way with the CIC bid but he has contributed a lot to the club behind the scenes since he and Chris joined the board.

It has taken a massive amount of effort and time to get the CIC bid to the brink of success, I'd reckon once it is all out of the way and 10000Hours does own the club then he will have more time and energy to focus on improving his "PR".

"he has contributed a lot to the club behind the scenes since he and Chris joined the board" - Please tell me what on earth he has contributed - the back of a postage stamp will probably do.

You seem to worship the ground that Richard Atkinson walks on. I have to wonder why that is ? Is there perhaps, as I was told at the game yesterday, a little incentive involved here ? I think we should be told the truth Sid.

You seem determined to shift the blame for the failure of the CIC and the Co-op mark 1/2/3 from Mr. Atkinson to some unnamed councillors. If you have any proof of this I think we should see it. In writing please. If not I again have to question your motives in all this. The only person I see on here opposed to the Black and White knight's fantasy football schemes, and who mentions political parties, is a guy by the name of Ed from Glenburn who says he votes Labour !

Why would local councillors, from any Party, have a say in deciding the funding of Mr. Atkinson schemes ? Is it not far more likely that the funders took a cold hard look at the schemes and simply said - no way ?

I seem to remember that it was SNP councillors who, with a couple of Labour ones, voted against official advice, to grant planning permission for our new ground. Without that decision St. Mirren would have gone out of business a few years ago.

I also seems to remember the Council lent St. Mirren a large sum of money in a low interest loan for a long number of years which kept the Club going when things were really bad.

You only have to look at the Club web site to see the many things the Council and St Mirren are doing in the community together. The street football scheme is a good example of this. I don't know how much income this puts through the Club's books but it's probably quite a lot.

I am sure that no one, including even me, wants to "scupper" REAL fan ownership but I cannot support Mr. Atkinson's schemes.

All in all, I think you are too keen to shift the blame away from your good friend Richard and on to someone else.

More conspiracy theory madness from animal. The street football initiative is not a Renfrewshire Council project. It is a national initiative. No c"ntcillor has been involved in the setting up of it or remotely supporting it other than to turf up for the photo opportunities it brings them. It is actually funded from the cashback for communities, mainly funds taken off drug dealers...and also sponsorship from Wiseman Dairies. The c"ntcil actually makes money from the initiative made possible by St Mirren and other clubs via the SFA, not the other way around. As always your big on insinuation and light on facts. bangin.gif

The c"ntcillors were in fact quite happy to try and put St Mirren out of business. St Mirren fans ran a campaign in conjunction with the club letting the c"ntcillors know what we thought of their attempts to block the planning permission. This pressure led to a famous last minute turnaround. The c"ntcil were also heavily involved in the running of the club back when it was running up the insane debts.

Fan ownership is not about REA. Even REA has repeatedly said that fan ownership is not about REA. Where I do actually agree with REA is in communities - whether it is football clubs, swimming pools or community centres / halls - taking ownership of their resources ensuring that they will be protected from asset strippers, poorly financed takeovers, dodgy business plans or worst of all c"ntcil cutbacks. REA has provided the mechanism for fan ownership - this is all about the fans...not REA.

Stuart Dickson could be in charge of all things technical and legal at the Club.

The Silent Majority and Lex would be joint responsible for hiring and firing Managers and their Assistants, player training regimes and diets.

Kendo would be in charge of Hospitality and responsible for all the Peroni and in charge of a Supporters Bar (if we ever get one).

Shull would get an "Executive" position within the Club and have an exclusive "Taxi contract" for all Club staff and Officials. He would of course get free entry to all games as part of his contract as well as double mileage for all taxi-ing duties.

Tony Fitzpatrick and Billy Abercrombie would would be "meeters and greeters" at Hospitality.

Ffs....This either means Gus is coming back or we have to pay compo every 3 months!

I'd leave the signing to someone else.....I'll be doing the press announcements though. thumbup2.gif

guys . i am all for change at the club with new ownership, but do not have full confidence in this 10,000HRS. This has now been talked about for over 1 year now and lets be honest the majority of fans do not have a clue what is going on. We get an email this week with pages of legal jargon, this is not what I am wanting to hear or see at present. we are being asked to fork out £10 per month or even £3000 upfront for a life membership, if you are being asked to pay for something, then you want to know what you are getting for your money and from what I can see, it is as clear as mud at present.

I don't understand what fans want TBH. The document you are talking about is the draft of the articles for the running of 10000hours. The notes section highlights the most contentious of the issues and opens them up for discussion. I know it's a long winded document but REA couldn't be any more open than he has been and yet still he's being criticised.

As for what you are getting for your money - you will get one Member Share of 10000hours which will entitle you to a vote. Everyone will get only one member share regardless of how much money they put in ensuring that member has just one vote. You will also get a load of Foundation shares which don't carry any voting rights.

As a member you will have a right to put yourself forward for a place on the board / committee if you wish, and you'll get a vote in electing your representatives and in any other issues that are put to the vote.

That's it. Pure and simple. There may be further benefits for your membership in the future but since things like car parking in the stadium, or discounts on season tickets and admission would affect St Mirren FC's annual budget no decision has been made on any of that as yet.

Brilliant post and fantastic ideas, you missed that you should be the CEO and Gary Glee could be the entertainment manager.

Fan ownership is not about REA. Even REA has repeatedly said that fan ownership is not about REA. Where I do actually agree with REA is in communities - whether it is football clubs, swimming pools or community centres / halls - taking ownership of their resources ensuring that they will be protected from asset strippers, poorly financed takeovers, dodgy business plans or worst of all c"ntcil cutbacks. REA has provided the mechanism for fan ownership - this is all about the fans...not REA.

Well I hope it's about far more than just the fans. I'd like to think it was about the local community and beyond and about getting them all involved and working with St Mirren FC. However either way I agree with you completely. If Animal was to take a wee look at other similar Social Enterprise projects in Scotland like the Atlantis Community Sports Centre in Oban, Ullaspool Swimming Centre in Ullapool, or even Edinburgh Spartans and the excellent work they are doing through there he'd perhaps get a better understanding of just what a Social Enterprise can do.

It's a shame that even after all this time there are still St Mirren fans who haven't looked into other examples of Social Networking, who haven't bothered to read the draft articles on 10000hours website, and who have made little or no attempt to get away from the various spurious conspiracy theories that get banded about on here on a daily basis. Those guys are supposed to be died in the wool St Mirren fans who would argue that they care deeply about the club. Yet I was criticised for saying that St Mirren fans were too thick to make the most of this and undeserving of the opportunity it brings. rolleyes.gif

ETA links to the various examples just to help those who are too stupid to know how to work Google.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I'd leave the signing to someone else.....I'll be doing the press announcements though. thumbup2.gif

I forgot to post about Press Announcements and Statements. Yes, I agree that you, Sid, would be the best person for that.

Also, Pozbaird would design the strips as well. So that's another for his list of duties.

I'd also like to give a position to Ali DeFoy and Michelle Evans. Not sure what talents Ali has (apart from her superb Modelling talents of course) but Michelle Evans would be top priority in the day-to-day running of the place.

Maybe Keyboard Warrior could be Official Toilet Unblocker.

Brilliant post and fantastic ideas, you missed that you should be the CEO and Gary Glee could be the entertainment manager.

Thank you, Master Kendo smile.png. I don't want any fancy titles or roles at the club. I'll stick to looking pretty and maybe being a servant to Michelle Evans and Ali DeFoy.

Gilmour has said he wants out. He mentioned that he'd be happy to help over some transition period but he said he'd done his time, was out of ideas and that he felt it was time for him to go. I can't understand why or how you think you are going to force him to stay on - and I really can't fathom why you think you should retain a man who doesn't want to be there, whilst ousting the man who would have taken the fans buyout from concept to successful conclusion.

Oh aye..........I know I have ruled myself out of standing for any election, as has Div, and Poz first ruled himself in, then out declaring he was now only interested in pies. Sid also ruled himself out of an election saying one wasn't necessary as he planned to become a President and to run the club as a dictatorship. I'm not sure why you chose those names, but regardless I'm pretty sure that any St Mirren fan could fight for St Mirren's interests on the SPL board without too much bother at all - the point in question is whether they would become entrenched in that position, or whether they would be able to cede ground and make concessions to negotiate for some sort of solution.

SG would be more than happy to stay on without the stress he has suffered through the years if the financial control of the club was taken over by 10000hrs. He would be able to act in our best interests at a time when the SPL is plunged into caos with Range*s liquidation and the strong leadership needed by all the SPL clubs. REA can not do this job and there is no one on here who could either......Why did I choose the names ??....They are the ones who understand the great benefit of a CIC/ COOP and are truely "St Mirren till they die".....Well apart from one on that last pointwhistling.gif I have nothing but respect for what REA is trying to do it's just I don't see him as a leader. When the Setanta deal collapsed there was a lot of fannying about having our own tv channel. SG..."It was the only deal on the table (sky/espn) so we took it!"....A man who calls a spade a bloody shovel is what we need right now.

SG would be more than happy to stay on without the stress he has suffered through the years if the financial control of the club was taken over by 10000hrs. He would be able to act in our best interests at a time when the SPL is plunged into caos with Range*s liquidation and the strong leadership needed by all the SPL clubs. REA can not do this job and there is no one on here who could either......Why did I choose the names ??....They are the ones who understand the great benefit of a CIC/ COOP and are truely "St Mirren till they die".....Well apart from one on that last pointwhistling.gif I have nothing but respect for what REA is trying to do it's just I don't see him as a leader. When the Setanta deal collapsed there was a lot of fannying about having our own tv channel. SG..."It was the only deal on the table (sky/espn) so we took it!"....A man who calls a spade a bloody shovel is what we need right now.

Who knows Reborn, maybe you know Gilmour and talk to him regularly. Obviously I don't - I'm only going by what he's been quoted as saying on the Official website and to the press. His actions also speak volumes IMO, putting up his shares for sale and resigning from the SPL Executive, but I wouldn't claim to be a mind reader. Personally I think he'd critically damage his own PR if he chose to stay on beyond 10000hours interim board period as it would look like he'd cashed in whilst retaining the benefits of his position.

Who knows Reborn, maybe you know Gilmour and talk to him regularly. Obviously I don't - I'm only going by what he's been quoted as saying on the Official website and to the press. His actions also speak volumes IMO, putting up his shares for sale and resigning from the SPL Executive, but I wouldn't claim to be a mind reader. Personally I think he'd critically damage his own PR if he chose to stay on beyond 10000hours interim board period as it would look like he'd cashed in whilst retaining the benefits of his position.

I know I could talk to him if I asked but that is the same for all the St Mirren fans. There is nothing special about having a conversation with SG. If you phone he will talk to you...always been the same and I have had maybe 4 chats with him about specific concerns mostly pre new stadium move. The most notable being when we looked to be dropping to the 2nd div. "Do you want a fcuken club to support!" still makes me shudder and has led me to pay more attention to the costs of running a provincial club.(£2Million without any players!) I have no interest in making another call but I feel if SG can sell to 10000hrs and not have the worry of making and meeting the budjet then he will be able to continue as our leader in the future. He will need to have the support of the fans votes to do this and I hope and think this will be the case. Most of us on here respect him greatly and you my friend are very much in the minority.

I know I could talk to him if I asked but that is the same for all the St Mirren fans. There is nothing special about having a conversation with SG. If you phone he will talk to you...always been the same and I have had maybe 4 chats with him about specific concerns mostly pre new stadium move. The most notable being when we looked to be dropping to the 2nd div. "Do you want a fcuken club to support!" still makes me shudder and has led me to pay more attention to the costs of running a provincial club.(£2Million without any players!) I have no interest in making another call but I feel if SG can sell to 10000hrs and not have the worry of making and meeting the budjet then he will be able to continue as our leader in the future. He will need to have the support of the fans votes to do this and I hope and think this will be the case. Most of us on here respect him greatly and you my friend are very much in the minority.

Well since Gilmour is a huge part of the reason I'm no longer a St Mirren supporter I'm hardly likely to phone him for a friendly chat. That wasn't the point I was making. :rolleyes:

Well since Gilmour is a huge part of the reason I'm no longer a St Mirren supporter I'm hardly likely to phone him for a friendly chat. That wasn't the point I was making. rolleyes.gif

Stuart, I think you should reconsider your situation and come back from the Dark Side and re-join us. Someone with your talents aboard the REA CIC-Party Bus would be of great use. You could set an example to others about what we could all be as a Community and how to aid one another to better ourselves.

Stuart, I think you should reconsider your situation and come back from the Dark Side and re-join us. Someone with your talents aboard the REA CIC-Party Bus would be of great use. You could set an example to others about what we could all be as a Community and how to aid one another to better ourselves.

Start the campaign Tracy....."The boy who came in from the cold"....A story of a lost sheep

Table service? I think that was Sid you were referring to. I had to make my way to the bar and paid for my bottle of Miller.

No it was you ! and you were introduced1eye.gif

Edited by reborn saint

Aye right TBL - I can just see that working out. Putting aside the fact that I have no interest in being involved beyond being a member; the fact that I'm already heavily committed in my own projects in my spare time; the fact that I work regular night shifts which would make my involvement at meetings impossible; and the fact that my wife would kill me if I volunteered for anything else - there's also the issue that I wouldn't want to sit round the same table as some of the likely parties; or the fact I'd very quickly become frustrated at having to constantly battle with the self interested nature of all senior Scottish Football Clubs; and the rather strong likely hood that the votes in my favour would probably look as pathetic as St Mirren's win record at St Mirren Park. sleep.png

Start the campaign Tracy....."The boy who came in from the cold"....A story of a lost sheep

No it was you ! and you were introduced1eye.gif

I was introduced to who? And where is this supposed to have happened?

The only occasion I can remember Campbell Kennedy serving me an alcoholic drink was at the last 10000hours meeting. There I walked into the hall, bought my own bottle of Miller at the bar, took my seat and read my e-mails on my phone before the meeting started. I eventually spoke during the meeting to make a point and when the meeting ended I left. I didn't speak to anyone else in the hall and I don't think my name was ever mentioned.

Campbell Kennedy did once serve me a coffee too (that one was free) when we had a meeting at Love Street where Kenny Pointon and Norrie Jamieson were present but beyond that the only other time I've met CK was at a womans cancer 5k run thing where I'm assuming his wife was taking part - as was my wife.

Aye right TBL - I can just see that working out. Putting aside the fact that I have no interest in being involved beyond being a member; the fact that I'm already heavily committed in my own projects in my spare time; the fact that I work regular night shifts which would make my involvement at meetings impossible; and the fact that my wife would kill me if I volunteered for anything else - there's also the issue that I wouldn't want to sit round the same table as some of the likely parties; or the fact I'd very quickly become frustrated at having to constantly battle with the self interested nature of all senior Scottish Football Clubs; and the rather strong likely hood that the votes in my favour would probably look as pathetic as St Mirren's win record at St Mirren Park. sleep.png

So we'll take that as a yes then. Welcome on board Stuart thumbup2.gif ...tell us what we do now ..follow the shoe??

I was introduced to who? And where is this supposed to have happened?

The only occasion I can remember Campbell Kennedy serving me an alcoholic drink was at the last 10000hours meeting. There I walked into the hall, bought my own bottle of Miller at the bar, took my seat and read my e-mails on my phone before the meeting started. I eventually spoke during the meeting to make a point and when the meeting ended I left. I didn't speak to anyone else in the hall and I don't think my name was ever mentioned.

Campbell Kennedy did once serve me a coffee too (that one was free) when we had a meeting at Love Street where Kenny Pointon and Norrie Jamieson were present but beyond that the only other time I've met CK was at a womans cancer 5k run thing where I'm assuming his wife was taking part - as was my wife.

Well how do I know what you look like if you weren't mentioned at the meeting. Are you sure you never spoke to anyone at that meeting?.....As for the free coffee well thats just evidence I never even asked for. Guilty as charged!..sausage roll thief thumbdown.gif

Well how do I know what you look like if you weren't mentioned at the meeting. Are you sure you never spoke to anyone at that meeting?.....As for the free coffee well thats just evidence I never even asked for. Guilty as charged!..sausage roll thief thumbdown.gif

Ok well thinking back I think I said "Thank You" to Richard Atkinson as he held the entrance door open for me on the way in. Then I said "Bottle of Miller please Campbell" to Campbell Kennedy at the bar, probably followed by some sort of variation of "Thank You" as I picked up the bottle. Then I made my point during the meeting, and finally I mouthed the word "sorry" to the guy sitting in front of me because he turned round when he heard my mobile phone say "You have a text message" at a point where Richard was talking. Maybe one of them was you - but either way I wasn't introduced to anyone.

As for being a sausage roll thief...the guys at Wishaw Wycombe would put you right on that one. One of our biggest sponsors is a local Indian Restaurant - the Cafe Shebab - and we each get a dish of our choice before the clubs management meetings. I wouldn't settle for any less than that these days.

Edited to add a link to my sponsor whistling.gif

Edited by Stuart Dickson