English Premiership Club Debt

oaksoft

If anyone out there thinks the English Premiership are to be envied, then this article from the Guardian illustrates the reality.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/apr/18/premier-league-club-accounts-debt

There are some very interesting things in there including the following debt levels:-

Chelsea £878m

Man U £366m

Fulham £193m

Newcastle £129m

No wonder they are able to hoover up the European trophies and all the best players in the world.

This level of financial doping is simply f**kING MENTAL.

Gate receipts form less than 25% of the clubs income and wage to turnover ratios are well over 80% in many cases.

At what point does the English footy fan wake up from their complacency and realise their game is on the verge of losing some of their biggest clubs?

BTW whilst I am on a rant here, how can anyone sleep at night knowing they are funding this disgusting waste of money when charities are screaming out for a few pounds?

That's 1.5 BILLION pounds blown on just 4 clubs for no real purpose whatsoever.

Imagine deciding to piss that amount up a wall when you could put that money to use where it is desperately needed and STILL have a reasonable standard of football.

On principle I could never buy into this "product".

It is corrupt - financially and morally.

BTW whilst I am on a rant here, how can anyone sleep at night knowing they are funding this disgusting waste of money when charities are screaming out for a few pounds?

That's 1.5 BILLION pounds blown on just 4 clubs for no real purpose whatsoever.

Imagine deciding to piss that amount up a wall when you could put that money to use where it is desperately needed and STILL have a reasonable standard of football.

On principle I could never buy into this "product".

It is corrupt - financially and morally.

How can anyone sleep at night? Who are these "anyone"? lol.gif

I sleep very well, me bad?

bye1.gif

PS Twonker. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Edited by faraway saint