Le Tour De France. .2015

Once again , Sky will arrive at the start (this year in Yorkshire) to defend the title . Looks like they will be without Bradley , again. .

We should see a good display from the Columbians again and we should see them at their very best when the Tour takes in the big mountains , Froome will have to work very hard to be in with a chance. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Think it'll still come down to froome or wee bertie, assuming neither crashes out during the usual first week nonsense

Quite a hilly tour again so yeah Froome, Contador or Nibali likely to be the main contenders. Haven't really looked at the team lists - are there any South Americans in good form?

Regarding potential mayhem - Stage 5 is over cobbles. whistling.gif

Be interesting to see if Cavendish can pick up a few stage wins and move up the all-time list.

Guest TPAFKATS

Forgot Nibali had chosen to focus on Le Tour this year. Quintana, the wee columbian dude from movistar who won the giro isn't doing the tour, so I guess valverde will be leading them?

Quite a hilly tour again so yeah Froome, Contador or Nibali likely to be the main contenders. Haven't really looked at the team lists - are there any South Americans in good form?

AWFY hilly!!!

Last week, I drove 90% of days 1 and 2. The hills around and up from Hebdon Bridge are stonking.... even with a 6 forward gear diesel-powered vehicle. :o

And around Haworth, too. Testing.

I liked how every village up there (and York) is well up for it. There must be tens of thousands of clunky, past-it bikes that have been sprayed yellow and chained to buildings, lamposts, trees, drystane dykes. And as many yellow sign warnings about parking along those routes on those days. Every Yorkshire farmer has "viewing fields". At a small price, of course.....

Cambridge to London, a dawdle, flat....

I'd open the curtains to watch if they were passing my front door.... er... windae....

And they are! :clapping:

But I'll be in Orkney..... :(

So , it now looks like the mystery wrapped inside an enigma , that is Wiggo , will now indeed ride the Tour. .

It seems that Sky are concerned about the possible reaction of the British public , if for instance say , Britain's most popular rider does not get to ride , the Worlds biggest cycle race , as it passes through these very islands. .

The friction between Froome and Wiggo is still there , however , and Sir Brailsford is going to have to employ his best diplomatic skills to keep the lid on the whole thing . Having did so well in the Tour of California ( and at Roubaix ) , there is no reason why Wiggo wouldn't be a main contender for Paris. .

Just as long as wee Bertie doesn't win it. .

kkpazUM.gif

So , it now looks like the mystery wrapped inside an enigma , that is Wiggo , will now indeed ride the Tour. .

It seems that Sky are concerned about the possible reaction of the British public , if for instance say , Britain's most popular rider does not get to ride , the Worlds biggest cycle race , as it passes through these very islands. .

The friction between Froome and Wiggo is still there , however , and Sir Brailsford is going to have to employ his best diplomatic skills to keep the lid on the whole thing . Having did so well in the Tour of California ( and at Roubaix ) , there is no reason why Wiggo wouldn't be a main contender for Paris. .

Just as long as wee Bertie doesn't win it. .

kkpazUM.gif

What are you slevering about 1eye.gif

Wiggins is not back in the tour.

Do you think you can only follow the tour de france or comment on it if you ride a bike?

twisted logic

No , even twisted personalities like , get to post , Joe. .

Atji0tN.gif

Can I be in the "bikey" gang?

Ah fúck off tosser.

You are so cool, calling Alberto Contador "wee bertie" do you read over your posts before posting, you sound like a pretentious lahndahn wankbag at times, or is that your intention?

What stage does Bradley Wiggins start in in this weeks tdf? Thats tour de trance in bikey speak.

Can I be in the "bikey" gang?

Ah fúck off tosser.

You are so cool, calling Alberto Contador "wee bertie" do you read over your posts before posting, you sound like a pretentious lahndahn wankbag at times, or is that your intention?

What stage does Bradley Wiggins start in in this weeks tdf? Thats tour de trance in bikey speak.

Wee Bertie is a reference to Bertie Bassett , ya pretentious lahndahn wankbag. .

Wee Bertie is a reference to Bertie Bassett , ya pretentious lahndahn wankbag. .

Sure chief anything you say chief, ♫why do you have be so cool you're such a fool

You still haven't answered when Bradley Wiggins (or wiggo in bikey speak) is taking part in the tour de france 2014 BIKEY laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

So that is Cav out after his collision and crash on the first stage in Yorkshire.

No broken collar bone, but a dislocated shoulder and ligament damage. He has held his (left) hand up and accepted the blame. I thought this at the time, as he was leaning in dangerously to Gerrans.

A real pity, what with Wiggo already missing out this year, and serves to dent my interest a tad.

Tour de France Terminology for those that suspect that one or two posting on this thread might appear as condescending lahndahn wankbags!!

Arriere du peloton: back of race

Lantern rouge: Last man in the race

Peloton: Main group of riders

Heads of state: the few elite riders in contention to win the race

General Classification: the riders with the best times overall and chasing the yellow jersey.

King of mountains: the guy winning or being at the head of most of the climbs

Road furniture: hazards for the cyclists on the road such as traffic islands

Gruppetto (autobus): the sprinters and domestiques who are no good at climbing and shelter together to get over the huge alps or pyrenees climbs

Echelon: the riders in an echelon in crosswinds on flat stages near coasts will rotate through from the sheltered side to the front and pull back off on the crosswind side

Lahndahn Wankbag: A pretentious windbag checking posts for spelling and generally sounding like an ignorant arrogant cùnt.

Wee Bertie; Alberto Contador, no one else calls Alberto Contador "wee bertie" so can be disregarded as the ramblings of a dumpling!!

Bikey: Fùck knows where that came from, probably a term from a stupid auld cùnt trying to sound smart and funny and failing miserably

Wiggo: Bradley Wiggins, cyclist who's tour de france career is finished because he couldn't get on with his team-mates in the sky team and who is reduced

to scratching around for a medal for england at the commonwealth games.

Incredible amount of people out on the course, the yorkshire public have really taken to the tour de france.

Edited by murray street

Was an amazing day here in Leeds.

The sheer volume of crowds was phenomenal.For many weeks the city , the area I live ( near golden acre park ) & surrounding areas have been 'decorating the route & surrounding areas.

The anticipation for this event really did reach fever pitch. Leeds has many cycle lanes / clubs and we are on the edge of the countryside so cycling is very popular.

Brilliant opening stage , hosted in a great location.

Yorkshire really did show it's support to this race in an unprecedented way in my opinion.

Simply magnificent :)

Was an amazing day here in Leeds.

The sheer volume of crowds was phenomenal.For many weeks the city , the area I live ( near golden acre park ) & surrounding areas have been 'decorating the route & surrounding areas.

The anticipation for this event really did reach fever pitch. Leeds has many cycle lanes / clubs and we are on the edge of the countryside so cycling is very popular.

Brilliant opening stage , hosted in a great location.

Yorkshire really did show it's support to this race in an unprecedented way in my opinion.

Simply magnificent :)

Yeh, great response from the public .

I liked Jens Voight's solo , great to see him show his presence at what is likely to be his last race , he has been a great pro'. .

Unfotunate about wee Cav' , he did lean rather heavily though and at that speed the outcome is never going to be good . I blame Cancellara . .

I reckon Marcel Kittle will do well this year . .

Hopefully , people won't push anything beyond the bars of the obviously insane , inhumane types that can pepper a situation . .

Yeh, great response from the public .

I liked Jens Voight's solo , great to see him show his presence at what is likely to be his last race , he has been a great pro'. .

Unfotunate about wee Cav' , he did lean rather heavily though and at that speed the outcome is never going to be good . I blame Cancellara . .

I reckon Marcel Kittle will do well this year . .

Hopefully , people won't push anything beyond the bars of the obviously insane , inhumane types that can pepper a situation . .

How did wiggo do? laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Do you think "wee marcel" will win? He's 6 ft 2 inches but I want to sound cool notworthy.giflaugh.png

Edited by murray street

I am at a roundabout south of cambridge, got a souvenir king of the mountains baseball cap.

I asked a guy on a bike if he was a bikey, he said "fúck off ya pretentious wankbag".

Still no one stupid enough to admit calling Alberto Contador "wee bertie" lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Edited by murray street