50 Years On..............

Bud the Baker

I was watching A Hard Day's Night on the telly last night and was struck by one scene in which The Beatles were shown letching after a couple of schoolgirls (of the mature variety). shutup.gif One of them Patti "Layla" Boyd, George's soon to be squeeze was 20 - innocent times. I'm sure bands, their management and film companies would be wary of showing such material today.

Even in later incidents such as the Pistols/Grundy interview in '76 it wasn't Grundy propositioning a young Siouxie Sioux live on-screen that caused the fuss but the Pistols reaction to it calling him a "dirty old man" amongst other things. cool.png Nowadays I reckon it'd be Grundy's attitude that would seem out of step with the times....................

I read something from Jimmy Page recently where he said that in the height of 1970 - 1975ish excess, bands had groupies throwing themselves at them left, right and centre, and no-one stopped to ask 'How old are you love?'.

It was a different time for sure. However, if some of these 'groupies' were underage, at least it was consensual and the girls were doing something willingly - even if it isn't right. There's a world of difference between that, and the likes of Rolf Harris and his daughter's 7 or 8 year old friend.

If Operation Yewtree were looking at 1970s rock bands, they'd all be locked up surely?

There's a world of difference between hormone-mental 15 year old girls that could pass for 18/19 year olds throwing themselves at rock stars and scheming pervs grooming innocent children.

You forgot to finish your sentence with the words "M'lud".