Top 5

Guest dr evil

Guest dr evil

whats your favourite movie quote.................. or even tv as some are classics aswell.

im thinking of mine now.

Edited by dr evil

Guest dr evil

from blackadder......... the first one

Prince Edmund: Scotsmen are barbarians! Half of them don't even speak English!

Percy: Well, what do they speak?

Prince Edmund: Oh, I don't know. It's all Greek to me!

Percy: They speak Greek?

Prince Edmund: No, I mean it SOUNDS like Greek.

Percy: Well, if it sounds like Greek, it probably IS Greek.

Prince Edmund: It's not Greek!!

Percy: But it sounds LIKE Greek.."What's not Greek, but sounds like Greek?" Hm, that's a good one, my lord!

Prince Edmund: Look, it's not meant to be a BRAIN-TEASER, Percy! I'm simply trying to tell you that I cannot understand a blind word they're saying.

Percy: Well, no wonder, my lord. You never learned Greek, of course.

Guest dr evil

and another from blackadder goes forth......

Lieutenant George: Smithy, you haven't seen any suspicious characters hanging around have you, who might be German spies?

Brigadier Smith: Nein.

Lieutenant George: Nine! Well, the cap's got his work cut out, then.

1. American Pie -

Finch: God bless the Internet.

2. Breakfast Club -

Richard Vernon: Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns.

3. Ferris Buller -

Ed Roonie: I did not achieve this position in life by having some snot-nosed punk leave my cheese out in the wind.

4. Lost Boys -

David: How are those maggots?

Michael Emerson: Huh?

David: Maggots, Michael. You're eating maggots. How do they taste?

5. Life of Brian -

Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening. Anything not fitting into these categories causes cancer in rats.

Guest Ruggy Bairn
So do I :P

Totally agree, one of my all time favourites. Delighted that the ex bought me it on DVD before we split.

About the best thing she ever did that didn't involve my knob and her mouth :lol:

Totally agree, one of my all time favourites. Delighted that the ex bought me it on DVD before we split.

About the best thing she ever did that didn't involve my knob and her mouth :lol:

Just think you were probably getting sloppys from Collin Samuel. :P

AIRPLANE:

Ted Striker: My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We're coming in from the north, below their radar.

Elaine Dickinson: When will you be back?

Ted Striker: I can't tell you that. It's classified.

-----------------------------

Leslie Nielsen: You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.

Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?

Leslie Neilson: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

------------------------------

Captain Oveur: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

------------------

Captain Oveur: You ever been in a cockpit before?

Joey: No sir, I've never been up in a plane before.

Captain Oveur: You ever seen a grown man naked?

------------------

Captain Oveur: Joey, have you ever been to a Turkish prison?

-----------------------------

Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.

Lesley Nielson: Yes I am serious...and don't call me Shirley.

-----------------------------------------------

Ted Striker: I flew single engine fighters in the Air Force, but this plane has four engines. It's an entirely different kind of flying altogether.

All: It's an entirely different kind of flying.

--------------------------------------

Leslie Nielsen: The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

ALMOST FAMOUS:

Russell Hammond (high on acid at teen kids house party, in one of the funniest scenes ever):

You, Aaron, are what it's all about. You're real. Your room is real. Your friends are real. Real, man, real. You know? Real. You're more important than all the silly machinery. Silly machinery. And you know it! In eleven years its going to be 1984, man. Think about that!

Aaron: .........Wanna see me feed a mouse to my snake?

Russell Hammond: Yes!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ed, the drummer's, only line, just as the plane is gonna crash:

"I'M GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The turbulence finally subsides,the lights come back on, and the pilots shout in "Thank god, jesus and mary! I don't know how we did it but we survived!"

Ed looks as though he wants to curl up and die.

------------------------------------------------------------

Russell Hammond: I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dennis Hope (the band's new manager):

I'm talking REAL ESTATE, gentlemen! you have to INVEST for the future as this isn't gonna last forever...I mean, if you think that Mick Jagger will still be doing the whole dancing about on stage rock star thing at when he's fifty, well, then gentlemen, you are sorely, sorely mistaken.

------------------------------------------

Edited by DongaTon

AMERICAN BEAUTY:

Lester Burnham:

I had always heard that your entire life flashes before your eyes the second before you die. Only that one second, isn't a second at all, it seems to stretch out forever like an ocean of time. For me it was lying on my back at boy scout camp, watching falling stars. And the maple trees that line our street. Or my grandmother's hands, and how her skin seemed like paper. And the first time I saw my cousin Tony's brand new Firebird. And Janey.....and janey

And my last thought was of Carolyn.......... I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me, but it's hard to be angry when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes, I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and I can't take it. My heart swells up like a balloon that's about to burst. But then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold onto it. And then, it flows through me like rain and I feel nothing but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life. You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry. You will someday.

The Shawshank Redemption is a big pile of steaming sentimental rubbish - quite possibly the most overated film ever.

Nah - that's Withnail & I - according to one rather aggressive contributor on here now and again.

I just cannot understand what all these people who rave about it see in it.

Isn't that the point ? You've a subjective view of it which is that you don't like it. A few other people have another equally subjective view of it which is that they do like it. You never will understand why this is the case, and although it is possible to analyse objectively the elements that make Shawshank a pretty good film, it's also possible to do the same for those elements which arguably make it a bad film. Thus it is with all forms of art. Better just to accept it and move on.

P.S. There's sometimes a load to be said for steaming sentimental rubbish. :wink:

Trainspotting

Begbie: Did you bring the cards?

Sick Boy: What?

Begbie: The cards, the last thing I told you was to mind the cards!

Sick Boy: Well, I've not brought them.

Begbie: It's f**king boring after a while without the cards.

Sick Boy: I'm sorry.

Begbie: Bit f**king late, like.

Sick Boy: Why didn't *you* bring them?

Begbie: 'CAUSE I f**kING TOLD YOU TO BRING THEM, YOU DOSS c**t!!!

Sick Boy: ...Christ.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renton: Choose a future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Begbie: That wee lassie got glassed, and no c**t leaves till I find out what c**t did it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Airplane

Steve McCroskey: This fog is getting thicker!

Johnny: And Leon is getting laaaaarrrrrger!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Johnny: Well, it's a big pretty white plane with a red stripe, curtains at the windows, wheels, and it just looks like a big Tylenol!

Steve McCroskey: Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!

Steve McCroskey: Johnny, what can you make out of this?

[Hands him the weather briefing]

Johnny: This? Why, I can make a hat or a brooch or a pterodactyl -

American Pie

Stifler's Mom : I got some scotch.

Finch: Single malt?

Stifler's Mom : Aged eighteen years. The way I like it.

Goodfellas

Henry Hill: What happened?

Jimmy Conway: They whacked him. They f**king whacked him. I can't f**king believe it.

Untouchables

Eliot Ness: How do you do it then?

Malone: You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send on of his to the morgue! That's the Chicago way, and that's how you get Capone! Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that?

The Rock

John Mason: Are you sure you're ready for this?

Stanley Goodspeed: I'll do my best.

John Mason: Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f**k the prom queen!

Nah - that's Withnail & I - according to one rather aggressive contributor on here now and again.

Isn't that the point ? You've a subjective view of it which is that you don't like it. A few other people have another equally subjective view of it which is that they do like it. You never will understand why this is the case, and although it is possible to analyse objectively the elements that make Shawshank a pretty good film, it's also possible to do the same for those elements which arguably make it a bad film. Thus it is with all forms of art. Better just to accept it and move on.

P.S. There's sometimes a load to be said for steaming sentimental rubbish. :wink:

Glad to see some acceptance of Withnail & I finally permeating your posts. Better late than never.

AND I AM NOT UFCKING AGGRESSIVE YOU PIRCK :rolleyes::wink:

AND I AM NOT UFCKING AGGRESSIVE YOU PIRCK :rolleyes::wink:

Glad to see some acceptance of Withnail & I finally permeating your posts. Better late than never.

Me no understand. I've always accepted Withnail & I. In fact, did I mention that I quite like it ?

AND I AM NOT UFCKING AGGRESSIVE YOU PIRCK  :rolleyes:  :wink:

Do you want patronising today at all ?

Did you know that at the end of Withnail and I, Richard E Grant was originally meant to finish his speech in the rain, go back to the flat, pour the Uncle's wine down his Uncle's shotgun barrel, stick it in his mouth, tip it up and drink it then pull the trigger and blow his brains oot?

Full Metal Jacket:

D.I : Private Piles, do you suck dick?

Private Piles: Sir, no, Sir.

D.I : Bullshit, i bet u could suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

D.I : i'm sorry private snowball, but there will be no portions of watermelon or fried chicken in these halls!

Life of Brian

He's not the son of god, he's just a very naughty boy