St Mirren Exhibition Imminent

yani

For reasons I've yet to figure out, Paisley Museum is staging another Saints exhibition this July.

It's being curated by a guy from the Observatory who has absolutely no interest in football and knows precisely nothing about St Mirren.

Should be good.

ETA the exhibition's named 'Back Of The Net'. Like I said, the guy knows nothing about St Mirren..

Edited by yani

It should be good. There is a second person involved who is St.Mirren season ticket holder. Interested enough to have been at the ICT game on Sunday. As it's about Saints fans experiences feel free to contribute.

It would be great if this was something worth seeing, but I'm afraid I can't get excited at the prospect.

Leaving aside the fact that the exhibition will come at the end of what is shaping up to be the worst season in the club's history, it also feels like it's at least 2 years too late - the club's 135th birthday and League Cup win were perfect opportunities to stage something special that people would have been keen to see. This feels like something that's been arranged to fill a gap in the museum's calendar.

Added to this, I've already discovered that many panels from the previous Saints exhibition will be recycled for this one, meaning there won't be anything new or exciting to see.

It's a sad fact that the museum's collection contains no objects connected to St Mirren's history so any exhibition, like the previous one, has to rely on items being loaned by fans and many people are understandably reluctant to hand in anything of real value or interest.

I just think there's no point in putting on something like this unless it's going to be something really special. I have serious doubts this one will be.

It would be great if this was something worth seeing, but I'm afraid I can't get excited at the prospect.

Leaving aside the fact that the exhibition will come at the end of what is shaping up to be the worst season in the club's history, it also feels like it's at least 2 years too late - the club's 135th birthday and League Cup win were perfect opportunities to stage something special that people would have been keen to see. This feels like something that's been arranged to fill a gap in the museum's calendar.

Added to this, I've already discovered that many panels from the previous Saints exhibition will be recycled for this one, meaning there won't be anything new or exciting to see.

It's a sad fact that the museum's collection contains no objects connected to St Mirren's history so any exhibition, like the previous one, has to rely on items being loaned by fans and many people are understandably reluctant to hand in anything of real value or interest.

I just think there's no point in putting on something like this unless it's going to be something really special. I have serious doubts this one will be.

Don't f**king go then

I remember a football / St Mirren exhibition years ago at the museum. It was really good, had an area for fans to write their memories on a wall, like an early b&w army forum without all the gibberish and fighting. Great stuff.

How about an exhibition starting at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon at Greenhill Road

Been a long,long time since we have seen one of those

Plenty make an exhibition of themselves at Greenhill Road.