Like Poetry? Like Mountains?

bluto

Then this is mibbe not for you....

Lovely Glen Coe in winter... intentionally polluted by light.

A no-bad rhyme by the turgid Wally Scott,

read ruined by someone who must hate poetry.

I suppose it's art...

...of a type I'll never understand.

http://www.allmediascotland.com/media-releases/81997/media-release-innovative-art-project-commemorates-the-massacre-of-glencoe/

I've been on most of the mountains in Glencoe and they have their own artistry in the scenery, the views, the weather and the first after walk pint in the Clachaig. Sometimes it's light and fun at other times dark and brooding but always atmospheric and they certainly don't need words projected onto them to tell a story.

The 1715 was a civil war , and yes the Glencoe massacre (ordered by the hero of many a sevco fan) was a horrendous outrage against Scottish hospitality (especially in mid-winter) that did probably lend itself to a Jacobite recruiting drive , nevertheless just another pointless war on our soil. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Rannoch Moor is the eerie place for me, every time I enter it on the road from Bridge of Orchy my hair (or what's left of it, anyway) stands on end. Didn't happen when I walked across on the WHW or on the return by train so it must be something about that particular location or view. Weird.

Rannoch Moor is the eerie place for me, every time I enter it on the road from Bridge of Orchy my hair (or what's left of it, anyway) stands on end. Didn't happen when I walked across on the WHW or on the return by train so it must be something about that particular location or view. Weird.

Doesn't sound at all weird , to me. .