Premier League Best 11

Fairdoos on the league cup goal, that made his 4 years well worth it...

1 spectacular goal doesn't mean anything. Even Jon Robertson managed this.

Can't blame hime for not being fully fit?

I agree that you can't blame him but that's half the reason he was disappointing.

And the second half of the season when he was manager isn't really a relevant argument as he would have been unfit to play as a contracted player.

His 4 years here were a major disappointment.

Well he was a winger, not a forward. His job was to make assists, not score goals. He made several important assists in various high profile matches. You seem reluctant to give him credit for doing what he was paid to do for some reason.

Gary Teale remains a popular figure amongst the fans, who continued to sing his name even after he'd managed the club to relegation. He's popular simply because he was a good player for us and will forever be a club legend.

I'd love to know how a player gets to ' not disappointing ' in your book. Does he have to win POTY and not just finish second? Play a key role in winning the Scottish Cup instead of the League Cup...?

Well he was a winger, not a forward. His job was to make assists, not score goals. He made several important assists in various high profile matches. You seem reluctant to give him credit for doing what he was paid to do for some reason.

Gary Teale remains a popular figure amongst the fans, who continued to sing his name even after he'd managed the club to relegation. He's popular simply because he was a good player for us and will forever be a club legend.

I'd love to know how a player gets to ' not disappointing ' in your book. Does he have to win POTY and not just finish second? Play a key role in winning the Scottish Cup instead of the League Cup...?

FFS Lex, you're easily wound up.

If we had the Teale of 2013 for 4 seasons it would have been amazing.

He was my player of the year.

I'm away to get another Peroni from the fridge.

Edited by davidg

Look here y'all. Let's cut to the chase.

I'm as happy as a clam to include Teale in my all stars.

In fact you'd have to have bats in the belfry not to.

He was the bees knees as far as I'm concerned. Yes. I wish we had more bangs for our bucks but them's the breaks. Let's get down to brass tacks and discuss who would have been better in the role of wide rece right.

For some to take a hissy fit over his inclusion is, quite frankly, to coin a phrase, barking up the wrong tree.whistling.gif