Ashes To Ashes

Bud the Baker

It's a nice thought mate, but I'll be very surprised if the poms don't do this relatively easily.

Yeah.

A relatively routine thrashing in the end.

Going to go down to the wire.

Bell seems to have hit a vein of form at the right time. Lyth needs binned.

However, will an "Andersonless" MCC be able to deal with an on form Australian batting line up, if it re-appears?

Forecasts of a 5-0 whitewash for Australia a bit off the mark. Both teams have some real gutsy players but as in any sport a rub of the green makes a big difference. If England's openers get their act together and give the team a half reasonable start, they should win one of the last two matches. Maybe that's a kiss of death statement. Lyth will be lucky to play in the next game. Jimmy will be missed but having Finn play like that is a big plus. If England do win the Ashes, I'd love to hear Warne interviewed and see what he comes out with.

Yeah.

A relatively routine thrashing in the end.

Going to go down to the wire.

Bell seems to have hit a vein of form at the right time. Lyth needs binned.

However, will an "Andersonless" MCC be able to deal with an on form Australian batting line up, if it re-appears?

I get the feeling that Finn is more than capable of taking up the slack, but am hopeful that Clarke can turn his batting form around.

Voges has to go, and Shaun Marsh should be batting at 4, leaving Clarke to bat at 5 where his average is around the 60 mark.

Either way the Trent Bridge test is going to be very interesting.

I get the feeling that Finn is more than capable of taking up the slack, but am hopeful that Clarke can turn his batting form around.

Voges has to go, and Shaun Marsh should be batting at 4, leaving Clarke to bat at 5 where his average is around the 60 mark.

Either way the Trent Bridge test is going to be very interesting.

I would guess most neutrals would be hoping for an Australia win, setting up the last match for a winner takes all situation?

One thing I have to say, while I just don't get cricket, especially test matches, these seems to have been a move to "have a go" from both teams, resulting in more exciting games.

Also I do believe if you were in attendance, this "borefest" would be possibly reasonable, especially if well stoked with lager. thumbup2.gif

Also I do believe if you were in attendance, this "borefest" would be possibly reasonable, especially if well stoked with lager. thumbup2.gif

I'm making a point of organising a visit to one of the matches next year.

I think there's a one day game or a T20 v Pakistan at Headingley which is looking the most likely.

Edited by FTOF

I grew up watching the great Aussie team of the 70's, then the sensational West indies of the 80's and early 90's, then the almost unbeatable Aussies of the late 90's through to mid noughties, and I can't recall ever seeing a bowling spell to match that of Broad today.

I'm horrified, but unable to take my eye's off it!

I grew up watching the great Aussie team of the 70's, then the sensational West indies of the 80's and early 90's, then the almost unbeatable Aussies of the late 90's through to mid noughties, and I can't recall ever seeing a bowling spell to match that of Broad today.

I'm horrified, but unable to take my eye's off it!

And another one!

Broad 5 for 6.

Imperious.

All out for 60; 20 minutes before lunch.

Broad 8 for 15.

Yep, and I'm sure that no matter how well the Aussies bowl, that the English batsmen will give their side a big lead.

I'm lucky that it's getting on for bedtime here so I won't have to watch too much of it.

bag.gif