Scottish Independence Model Is Dead

Stuart Dickson

He talks about himself rather a lot, doesn't he?

I have to chuckle that it is your good self who chose to post a link to this article, Foxy. You know, given that it is seemingly premised on the contention that we should all more readily consider diverse moral and political viewpoints. I have always found you to be a tad absolutist in your approach to discourse on such matters. Perhaps that it just my narrow interpretation.

Much of what is stated in the article is reasonable, but he doesn't seem to know who he is reaching out to. It is a scattergun polemic that ultimately nails down no-one in particular.

Thats great. I'm sure you'll be able to do better in that case. I look forward to your essay on why Scottish independence is dead.

Tax avoidance clearly ISN'T confined to the Tories. This case proves that.

I pay for an accountant to make sure my tax liabilities are minimised. Every single business does that. As does the football club you allegedly support.

HMRC or the Scottish version will happily take overpayments. Instead of showboating and lying through your teeth, go and write a cheaque to them.

You're just a lying Walter Mitty off an internet forum with some mental health issues.

BTW, still havent had a chap on the door yet from your colleagues. I wonder why? <_<

Feel free to come and visit my station anytime.

I can easily prove where I work.

Quite sad you're happy to think paying as few taxes as possible is the best way forward.

Still it is what you on the far right do best.

What team do I allegedly support?

Feel free to come and visit my station anytime.

I can easily prove where I work.

Quite sad you're happy to think paying as few taxes as possible is the best way forward.

Still it is what you on the far right do best.

What team do I allegedly support?

If you are happy to pay more tax then feel free to overpay HMRC. Instead of whining about what everyone else legitimately does you have the chance to make a positive difference to back up your buckled lefty f**k sensibilities. But, like all lefties, you are all talk.

If you are happy to pay more tax then feel free to overpay HMRC. Instead of whining about what everyone else legitimately does you have the chance to make a positive difference to back up your buckled lefty f**k sensibilities. But, like all lefties, you are all talk.

I am taxed at source and have no opportunity to screw the system unlike people like you.

It must be hell working for somebody with your Victorian values.

Do you give them any rights?

Tax for businesses like yours should be at 50% to make up what you have screwed from the system.

Edited by PCCABE

He talks about himself rather a lot, doesn't he?

I have to chuckle that it is your good self who chose to post a link to this article, Foxy. You know, given that it is seemingly premised on the contention that we should all more readily consider diverse moral and political viewpoints. I have always found you to be a tad absolutist in your approach to discourse on such matters. Perhaps that it just my narrow interpretation.

Much of what is stated in the article is reasonable, but he doesn't seem to know who he is reaching out to. It is a scattergun polemic that ultimately nails down no-one in particular.

The comments section is predictably epic though. He has dared to break from the clown collective line and must be punished.

http://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2015/12/07/scotland-the-utopia-that-never-was/

This is spot on. Sure, he is writing from some the perspective of some commie f**ktard, but he pretty much nails the reasons why its all over. Brave of this nat blog to put this up, but at least THEY are attempting to work out why the independence thing has died on its arse.

It's not spot on at all, it's self indulgent pish TBH which didn't deserve a read beyond the first 2 paragraphs.

How on earth you manage to find the time to trawl the web reading this utter tripe from absolute bellends is for you to answer to yourself.

Guest TPAFKATS

Tory party chairman forced to quit in scandal over bullying resulting in suicide.

Tory MP claims to have received death threats on social media, turns out she faked the posts herself.

Meanwhile media and Internet 'yoons' on here obsess about whether an snp MP minimised his tax liabilities.

Tory party chairman forced to quit in scandal over bullying resulting in suicide.

Tory MP claims to have received death threats on social media, turns out she faked the posts herself.

Meanwhile media and Internet 'yoons' on here obsess about whether an snp MP minimised his tax liabilities.

I'd never stick up for Tories, but you're be less than fulsome about both the cases you cite.

The first, he actually walked, realising his position and previous support had been misplaced. I think that's a very unusual and surprisingly honourable course of action these days.

The second... I'd agree she's a basket case but she doesn't disagree that the death thing was not from the person who squealed on social media. She CLAIMS she'd sent several to the polis, including the deathy one.

The snp guy DOES have a f**kin nerve. He has taken advantage of tax reducing schemes and can be no position to be preach. His was a moral choice. He willingly participated in not paying tax.

I have possibly mentioned before my amazement that YES voters actually believe Scottish politicians would be somehow free of all blemishes.

Guest TPAFKATS

I'd never stick up for Tories, but you're be less than fulsome about both the cases you cite.

The first, he actually walked, realising his position and previous support had been misplaced. I think that's a very unusual and surprisingly honourable course of action these days.

The second... I'd agree she's a basket case but she doesn't disagree that the death thing was not from the person who squealed on social media. She CLAIMS she'd sent several to the polis, including the deathy one.

The snp guy DOES have a f**kin nerve. He has taken advantage of tax reducing schemes and can be no position to be preach. His was a moral choice. He willingly participated in not paying tax.

I have possibly mentioned before my amazement that YES voters actually believe Scottish politicians would be somehow free of all blemishes.

You'd never stick up for the Tories but you then go on to attempt to do just that.

However not sure how helpful it actually is - Schapps walked under pressure from party and pm as this latest scandal had made his position untenable. Someone needed to dobthe honourable thing and take the pressure off the party. The issues may well run deeper than just this one incident which was part of the point I was making.

Your second excuse isn't an excuse, it seems to he an admission of guilt on her part. However, mibees I'm just getting confused by your triple negative?

Fwiw, I've never expected any political party to be free from blemishes, just looking for a sense of perspective.

I am taxed at source and have no opportunity to screw the system unlike people like you.

It must be hell working for somebody with your Victorian values.

Do you give them any rights?

Tax for businesses like yours should be at 50% to make up what you have screwed from the system.

I feel your pain.

PAYE should be scrapped so that people are forced to write a cheque once or twice a year and fill out their own tax returns. PAYE removes a lot of the pain.

But you CAN still write a cheque to HMRC regardless. You won't of course because you are full of shite like most lefties who claim they want to be taxed more. But its instructive that in actual fact you just want "people like me" to be taxed more. And not yourself.

You're a clown.

I don't think it is dead, so I'm afraid you won't have that particular pleasure.

Oh it's totally dead.

And there wont ever be a second referendum like the Quebecois had to go through. They'll never be able to clear the constitutional hoops they need to get through, and neither will our separatists. You had a shot, and you got 37%. In Quebec you'd need 60% before you'd start of a negotiation process which would mean the negotiated settlement would then be presented in another referendum which would need cleared by over 60% of the electorate. No more cherry picking and bullshit. A clear, concise settlement that people can clearly see what they are voting for.

Its over all right.

I have no issues at all with him attempting to reduce his tax liabilities. Thats clearly smart planning if its legal.

I do have an issue with him telling everyone else that is wrong while he knowingly participated in it himself. That's hypocrisy and he deserves all the criticism going for it.

Did you find any polyps while you were up his backside?

I feel your pain.

PAYE should be scrapped so that people are forced to write a cheque once or twice a year and fill out their own tax returns. PAYE removes a lot of the pain.

But you CAN still write a cheque to HMRC regardless. You won't of course because you are full of shite like most lefties who claim they want to be taxed more. But its instructive that in actual fact you just want "people like me" to be taxed more. And not yourself.

You're a clown.

Like any decent person I think tax should be at least 30%.

The current level is set to benefit you and your far right fanny pals.

The working man bears the brunt of your greed leading to essential services being starved of money but as long as you have champagne and caviar and there is money to bomb children you don't care.

Oh it's totally dead.

And there wont ever be a second referendum like the Quebecois had to go through. They'll never be able to clear the constitutional hoops they need to get through, and neither will our separatists. You had a shot, and you got 37%. In Quebec you'd need 60% before you'd start of a negotiation process which would mean the negotiated settlement would then be presented in another referendum which would need cleared by over 60% of the electorate. No more cherry picking and bullshit. A clear, concise settlement that people can clearly see what they are voting for.

Its over all right.

I don't have a crystal ball, so won't attempt to call the future. I would be surprised, however, if there isn't another referendum within the next 5 - 10 years.

It is a matter that is not close to being dead.

Edited by Drew

I don't have a crystal ball, so won't attempt to call the future. I would be surprised, however, if there isn't another referendum within the next 5 - 10 years.

It is a matter that is not close to being dead.

No chance. Even the SNP leadership don't want that.

Can you imagine the carnage as those supporting the Union simply pull out their copies of the White Paper from the last referendum and dismantle every claim the SNP made, this time with the benefit of all the hindsight afforded to us all.

No chance. Even the SNP leadership don't want that.

Can you imagine the carnage as those supporting the Union simply pull out their copies of the White Paper from the last referendum and dismantle every claim the SNP made, this time with the benefit of all the hindsight afforded to us all.

The SNP have not put a timescale on it either way.

The white paper thing is also neither here nor there.

It will be around a decade later under a different leader and there will be a totally different plan.

Anyone waggling around a 10 year old document is going to look rather foolish.

You'd never stick up for the Tories but you then go on to attempt to do just that.

No. I wasn't sticking up for the Tories, that's just your SNP perspective distorting reality.

I was sticking up for your representation of two individuals, which I thought was flawed and not completely forthright.

But you've returned to defend your opinion, with which I respectfully disagree.

Guest TPAFKATS

No. I wasn't sticking up for the Tories, that's just your SNP perspective distorting reality.

I was sticking up for your representation of two individuals, which I thought was flawed and not completely forthright.

But you've returned to defend your opinion, with which I respectfully disagree.

Or was it ur perspective of my perspective leading you to believe that there was snp bias in my perspective? Do really ur perspective was distorted...