The Snp Show Their Real Colours

Stuart Dickson

Guest TPAFKATS

That's where Scotland's going wrong. If only we lowered taxes for the super rich, they would moor their pleasure palaces in Inverkip marina instead of Monte Carlo.

I'm convinced, vote wee Ruth Davidson for a F1 Scottish Grand Prix.

Edited by TPAFKATS

Stuart doesn't embrace the concept of public services, so if you are seeking out an ally there, you're barking up the wrong tree (or perhaps just barking....).

Curiously, I am pretty sure that Nicola Sturgeon is lukewarm on raising the highest rate of income tax, for the very reasons you set out. She said as much just yesterday unless I am mistaken. This is not something I concur with, as people should be prepared to contribute as their means permit. I think that is what is meant by progressive taxation. If a few of them choose to relocate, so be it, I am sure we would muddle along - whether we remain in the UK or otherwise.

To be fair Drew why on earth should someone be forced to hand over HALF their salary in tax?

They are contradictory. If you've got your head around the fact that wealthy people are mobile and will move to save money on tax then it logically follows that you have to either have parity with the rest of the UK or you need to tax LESS to attract wealthy people here.

Tell me Oaksoft where are the bigger yachts parked up. Inverkip or Monaco?

Are you actually saying you want Scotland to be like Monaco?

They are contradictory. If you've got your head around the fact that wealthy people are mobile and will move to save money on tax then it logically follows that you have to either have parity with the rest of the UK or you need to tax LESS to attract wealthy people here.

It is contradictory in your head because you are confusing two things in your haste to slaughter the SNP because of your personal situation.

If these people are so mobile why are they sitting in Scotland paying 45% when they could be somewhere else paying nothing.

Guest TPAFKATS

Oh f**k aye! It's a far better place to live.

You've obviously lived in Monaco for a significant amount of time in order to compare it to Scotland and conclude it's a far better place to live?

C'mon oaksoft, you know fine well that nobody does that.

Once you earn over about 45k every pound you earn you will give around half in tax and national insurance to the government.

IMO this is asking a huge amount of people.

Its no wonder that self emlpoyed people take advantage of every single tax avoidance scheme in the book under those circumstamces because quite frankly it is taking the piss.

Edited by oaksoft

I see that SNP MP Phil Boswell has become the only MP during this session of parliament to access "more contingency payments". His reason for having his snout buried deep in the trough is that he's selling his £530,000 home in Aberdeenshire and renting a luxury home closer to his constituency in Bellshill. Whilst claiming for two homes he's also claiming an allowance to stay in The Hampton Hotel in London. Most MP's are allowed to claim for one house - either their accommodation in London or their constituency address, but Boswell is making the taxpayer pay for two places for him to stay whilst he sells his third.

He's clearly a man with a fantastic brass neck though because despite stretching the rules far further than any other MP he's still making silly claims on expenses. His £137 claim for new clothes was rejected by the Parliamentary Standards Association. Boswell first hit the headlines over his failure to disclose directorships came under scrutiny after the Parliamentary Standards Authority revealed he'd billed taxpayers £450 for "Professional Services" in filming a series of videos he put on You Tube that were watched just 600 times.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I see that SNP MP Phil Boswell has become the only MP during this session of parliament to access "more contingency payments". His reason for having his snout buried deep in the trough is that he's selling his £530,000 home in Aberdeenshire and renting a luxury home closer to his constituency in Bellshill. Whilst claiming for two homes he's also claiming an allowance to stay in The Hampton Hotel in London. Most MP's are allowed to claim for one house - either their accommodation in London or their constituency address, but Boswell is making the taxpayer pay for two places for him to stay whilst he sells his third.

He's clearly a man with a fantastic brass neck though because despite stretching the rules far further than any other MP he's still making silly claims on expenses. His £137 claim for new clothes was rejected by the Parliamentary Standards Association. Boswell first hit the headlines over his failure to disclose directorships came under scrutiny after the Parliamentary Standards Authority revealed he'd billed taxpayers £450 for "Professional Services" in filming a series of videos he put on You Tube that were watched just 600 times.

Is this going anywhere?