Do you want a receipt?

southsidebud

It's probably just me - but is anyone else getting annoyed by being asked if you want a receipt after buying something - especially when paying by credit card?

Its like saying "Do you want proof that you've bought this stuff?" or "Do you want to be able to return any of this stuff if it is broken or defective?"

Obviously the guys saying it are just doing their job - but it takes cost cutting to a new level - just gies a receipt; its part of the transaction!

Edited by southsidebud

• 2 weeks later...

The only couple of ones where I get emailed receipts from are Screwfix and Richer Sounds. Both of which have been useful.

Screwfix when I was doing up the new house it was useful to be able to retain the receipts electronically rather than getting lost amongst all the work.

Richer Sounds as I it saves me having to have, and find, a paper copy if something goes wrong

On 17/09/2016 at 8:29 PM, southsidebud said:

It's probably just me - but is anyone else getting annoyed by being asked if you want a receipt after buying something - especially when paying by credit card?

Its like saying "Do you want proof that you've bought this stuff?" or "Do you want to be able to return any of this stuff if it is broken or defective?"

Obviously the guys saying it are just doing their job - but it takes cost cutting to a new level - just gies a receipt; its part of the transaction!

Most of the people that work in shops are thick as shit so not it not worth entering in to any

meaningful dialogue with these dullards.