Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Sonny

Challenge Cup

Recommended Posts

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

I guess its the same problem in that the club will lose money again just participating. Maybe if you make the final without long dustance away games, and not being drawn against colts you could break even? But I doubt it.

the craziest draw is the Peterhead v Annan game, there'll be no compo for that, and no crowd either.

All of which we did last year.

Re your previous post I did a bit of checking on the Ayr game and it was only ST holders who got in free, as for the Hibs game if they opened all 4 stands then that was their choice and would have been at their expense.

Quote

Will gate money be shared?

YES. Up to and including the semi-finals, cash at the turnstiles will be shared equally following the standard 10 per cent deduction from the home club for matchday costs. The gate for the final is split equally between the two clubs participating once costs are deducted.

I stand by my original opinion that it's hard to see how we made a loss in this competition last season. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest TPAFKATS
Utterly boring 
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yes we did.
We played them in the,to give it it's full title,The Scottish FA Challenge Cup.

Thanks HSS. I assumed we hadn't played them in the challenge diddy petrofrac irn bru cup that this thread is about but couldn't be sure as I didn't pay much attention until we played the Welsh team.
It was therefore a genuine question even though the forum's resident Knob thought otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

 


Thanks HSS. I assumed we hadn't played them in the challenge diddy petrofrac irn bru cup that this thread is about but couldn't be sure as I didn't pay much attention until we played the Welsh team.
It was therefore a genuine question even though the forum's resident Knob thought otherwise.

 

Dry yir eyes  jobbymooth :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thread shouldn't even be on this part of the Forum. 

Thread starter had a wee hissy fit, produced a shite topic in the wrong place, then fecked off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TPAFKATS
Dry yir eyes  jobbymooth 

Some posters would have mock outrage and offence at such insulting language

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:


Some posters would have mock outrage and offence at such insulting language

I know, but resident Knob is such a term of endearment, there was nothing to get upset about. 

Ye utter utter utter trumpet. :byebye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

All of which we did last year.

Re your previous post I did a bit of checking on the Ayr game and it was only ST holders who got in free, as for the Hibs game if they opened all 4 stands then that was their choice and would have been at their expense.

I stand by my original opinion that it's hard to see how we made a loss in this competition last season. 

 

Given we have between 2000-2500 season ticket holders cant see much matchday money being generated against Ayr. The point about Hibs opening all stands is if i recall correctly in cup games they get to claim operating expenses out of gate receipts before any split so it makes a difference in that it might leave hee-haw to split.

in the end did we make a loss or not? Dunno... but if the chairman said we did i guess we did, unless there is anyone else more ITK..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Given we have between 2000-2500 season ticket holders cant see much matchday money being generated against Ayr. The point about Hibs opening all stands is if i recall correctly in cup games they get to claim operating expenses out of gate receipts before any split so it makes a difference in that it might leave hee-haw to split.

in the end did we make a loss or not? Dunno... but if the chairman said we did i guess we did, unless there is anyone else more ITK..?

OK, I've started so I'll finish.

Let's take the points in reverse order - clubs are not able just to claim what they want for expenses, it's 10% of gate receipts according to the information I dug up (admittedly from a DR article B) ) but that would still leave us with a reasonable sum from a crowd of over 4000 like the Hibs game.

The ST initiative against Ayr would have cost the club money (free entry to the match with St. Mirren contributing money to the gate receipts for every ST holder registered as attending) so I can easily see how we would have lost money on that individual match but overall I still don't think we should (or would) have lost money from the tournament.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TPAFKATS
I know, but resident Knob is such a term of endearment, there was nothing to get upset about. 
Ye utter utter utter trumpet. :byebye

It's a disgrace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TPAFKATS
OK, I've started so I'll finish.
Let's take the points in reverse order - clubs are not able just to claim what they want for expenses, it's 10% of gate receipts according to the information I dug up (admittedly from a DR article B) ) but that would still leave us with a reasonable sum from a crowd of over 4000 like the Hibs game.
The ST initiative against Ayr would have cost the club money (free entry to the match with St. Mirren contributing money to the gate receipts for every ST holder registered as attending) so I can easily see how we would have lost money on that individual match but overall I still don't think we should (or would) have lost money from the tournament.

Suppose it depends on how many of the 4000 crowd at hibs game were paying as opposed to season tickets?
If season tickets were valid obviously

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SCOTTISH Challenge Cup

Featuring WELSH, IRISH and NORTHERN IRISH clubs and two second round matches played in ENGLAND!

Truly an international competition.

 

Interesting to note that Dumbarton, one of the oldest clubs in Scotland, today played their very first competitive match against a non Scottish Club.
TBH I had not really thought about Saints v 'foreign' opposition. The late seventies/early eighties spoiled us with the ASC and Europe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...