Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Lord Pityme

If Only...

Recommended Posts


30 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If they manage to pull it off, realistically i believe this type of fan ownership model, that allows investors to put money into the club is the best option. Off the field we havent moved on since BtB.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45787039

One of my best ever movements!

poop-poo-pooh-emoji-cartoon-face-010-512.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

If they manage to pull it off, realistically i believe this type of fan ownership model, that allows investors to put money into the club is the best option. Off the field we havent moved on since BtB.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45787039

Hull are doing really well just now :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

If they manage to pull it off, realistically i believe this type of fan ownership model, that allows investors to put money into the club is the best option. Off the field we havent moved on since BtB.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45787039

BtB isn't even close to complete. What you on about, we haven't moved on? Not like you to have an automatic negative outlook on all things St MIrren :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

BtB isn't even close to complete. What you on about, we haven't moved on? Not like you to have an automatic negative outlook on all things St MIrren :rolleyes:

There has been no investment in the club to develop new revenue streams, ultimately building bigger player and stadium development budgets. Quite simply the club have used the smisa funds to pay bills. 

With the model proposed at Hull the fans get a meaningful representation in the club, and on the board, invest in their club alongside a partner of their choosing who is happy to also invest. 

Other than smisa members, no one is putting money (outwith gate, merch, tv, sponsors) into SMFC. But the club as in Gordon feel they can tell smisa how their money should be spent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

There has been no investment in the club to develop new revenue streams, ultimately building bigger player and stadium development budgets. Quite simply the club have used the smisa funds to pay bills. 

With the model proposed at Hull the fans get a meaningful representation in the club, and on the board, invest in their club alongside a partner of their choosing who is happy to also invest. 

Other than smisa members, no one is putting money (outwith gate, merch, tv, sponsors) into SMFC. But the club as in Gordon feel they can tell smisa how their money should be spent.

We don't own the club yet, what we can/ should do to develop income streams is limited right now. Although to say 'there has been no investment' is just incorrect:

  • Match day entertainment 
  • Youth football sponsorship deals 
  • Community season tickets 
  • Community programs 
  • Donations to women's team

All aimed to invest in future St Mirren income streams by increasing community bonds and ultimately fan numbers. 

As for the Hull model, do you mean what we'll achieve after the BTB money is all paid? As far as I can tell, the Hull buy-out is attempting to get to the stage we'll be at after a max 10 years faster. That's down to money we have versus what they hope to raise.  We will have meaningful fan representation once we own the club. 

No one is telling SMISA members how their money should be spent. They put forward proposals and suggestions as members can, majority if not all have won at a landslide. SMISA members have free thinking minds, as much as you might not want to admit it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...