What Would Jesus Do ?

shull

44 minutes ago, Mykey said:
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:
I'm sorry but this was nothing to do with equality. How can people be this naive?

From what I can gather the customer's fees were paid by a lgbt pressure group and the baker's by a Christian pressure group so I guess they were just pushing to see where the boundary was in the hope of moving it a bit in the direction they wanted.

Which is the point of  my original post.  But I'm not here to change anyone's mind. 

Which is the point of  my original post.  But I'm not here to change anyone's mind. 
Your original post accused the customer of deliberately provoking the refusal. I was pointing out that you made that up and was not the case. This is confirmed in the judge's statement.

Just now, Mykey said:
21 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Your original post accused the customer of deliberately provoking the refusal. I was pointing out that you made that up and was not the case. This is confirmed in the judge's statement.

We disagree on the intent, not the outcome. I appreciate that you interpret this differently.  That is your right.

We disagree on the intent, not the outcome. I appreciate that you interpret this differently.  That is your right.
I'm sorry Ricky this is bollox, the customer had used the bakery previously and had thought nothing other than to continue to give them his custom, this is not my opinion nor my interpretation this is me using the judge's summation to call you out for making shit up. One last time - the customer wanted a cake not a court case, once it had happened both interest groups wanted to get their day in court as is their right. The customer didn't provoke anyone. That is now a fact and recognised by the court, if there is an anti-bullshitter pressure group wanting to fund me I'll see you in court too [emoji12]

9 minutes ago, Mykey said:

I'm sorry Ricky this is bollox, the customer had used the bakery previously and had thought nothing other than to continue to give them his custom, this is not my opinion nor my interpretation this is me using the judge's summation to call you out for making shit up. One last time - the customer wanted a cake not a court case, once it had happened both interest groups wanted to get their day in court as is their right. The customer didn't provoke anyone. That is now a fact and recognised by the court, if there is an anti-bullshitter pressure group wanting to fund me I'll see you in court too emoji12.png

As I said.  We differ in our opinion and fully accept that I may be wrong but it is my opinion.   I also acknowledged that both parties had rights but showed little humanity towards each other.  Tolerance is the key for me to the question Shull posed.  I have not nor will I  be commenting on the judges ruling. Again,  I respect your right to draw different inferences and conclusions from what little there is to know.  That's it for me on this topic.

8 hours ago, Mykey said:
9 hours ago, oaksoft said:
I'm sorry but this was nothing to do with equality. How can people be this naive?

From what I can gather the customer's fees were paid by a lgbt pressure group and the baker's by a Christian pressure group so I guess they were just pushing to see where the boundary was in the hope of moving it a bit in the direction they wanted.

I think you are right but there are major problems for the LGBT in terms of acceptance and equality in modern society.

What these people did to that baker was a self indulgent militant-style sideshow and is more likely to alienate those who would otherwise be accepting of them in general.