Motorhome

faraway saint

So, second adventure starts tomorrow, heading to Pitlochry in the afternoon for a long weekend.

Not expecting too much from the weather, we'll make the best of whatever comes our way.

The motorhome is almost all packed up, fully charged and we're all set.

18 hours ago, faraway saint said:

So, second adventure starts tomorrow, heading to Pitlochry in the afternoon for a long weekend.

Not expecting too much from the weather, we'll make the best of whatever comes our way.

The motorhome is almost all packed up, fully charged and we're all set.

Almost ready for the offski and it's looking pretty decent, 16 deg and set to be warmer in Pitlochry.

Should be there before 4, settle down, maybe sit outside for a bit and just relax. 

36 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Almost ready for the offski and it's looking pretty decent, 16 deg and set to be warmer in Pitlochry.

Should be there before 4, settle down, maybe sit outside for a bit and just relax. 

Enjoy FS, fingers crossed all goes smoothly.....

6 hours ago, WeeBud said:

Enjoy FS, fingers crossed all goes smoothly.....

All good so far mate. 

Traffic was reasonably quiet considering it's a Bank Holiday. 

Still takes a bit of getting used to driving a bit slower than the car but I coped., 😉

Sites pretty decent, busy but OK. Weathers been exceptionally warm, sat out for a few hours after we arrived. 

Not managing to pick up TV signal, too many trees but the Firestick doing a good job. 

Not a bad view. 👍

20240503_182323.thumb.jpg.4875cd079a0f2262efa9a55eeabf0e7e.jpg

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

All good so far mate. 

Traffic was reasonably quiet considering it's a Bank Holiday. 

Still takes a bit of getting used to driving a bit slower than the car but I coped., 😉

Sites pretty decent, busy but OK. Weathers been exceptionally warm, sat out for a few hours after we arrived. 

Not managing to pick up TV signal, too many trees but the Firestick doing a good job. 

Not a bad view. 👍

20240503_182323.thumb.jpg.4875cd079a0f2262efa9a55eeabf0e7e.jpg

Looks perfect FS, the amazing thing is that if anyone had offered that to any of us 30 years ago we’d have run to the hills ……. Scotland is a beautiful place, I guess sometimes we’re too young to realise it

9 hours ago, WeeBud said:

Looks perfect FS, the amazing thing is that if anyone had offered that to any of us 30 years ago we’d have run to the hills ……. Scotland is a beautiful place, I guess sometimes we’re too young to realise it

We've only really explored, and appreciated, Scotland since we moved to Arbroath. 

We never had a car till just before we left Paisley so never had the opportunity, or desire TBH, to explore. 

Since then we've seen a few places that have taken our breath away, Kenmore at Loch Tay never fails to amaze me. 

Unfortunately I'm not fond of the wet and cold, hence my love for Tenerife, but starting now, and more so next year when I've retired, we'll remedy our lack of places that we've not visited and appreciate our country. 

42 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

We've only really explored, and appreciated, Scotland since we moved to Arbroath. 

We never had a car till just before we left Paisley so never had the opportunity, or desire TBH, to explore. 

Since then we've seen a few places that have taken our breath away, Kenmore at Loch Tay never fails to amaze me. 

Unfortunately I'm not fond of the wet and cold, hence my love for Tenerife, but starting now, and more so next year when I've retired, we'll remedy our lack of places that we've not visited and appreciate our country. 

Was fortunate to holiday in Wester Ross for many years, view on the road from Achnasheen to Kinlochewe is spectacular, when you've got the time to take it steady there is so much beautiful landscape to enjoy, no wonder MrsS has always described Scotland as the pretty bit at the top.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

So, it's Fife tomorrow, not too far, and, fingers crossed the weather holds.

I'm going to try the overhead bed, making up the double bed is a pain we can do without, especially when slightly blootered. :lol:

There has to be a good story in the making there 😄 look forward to hearing how it goes.

15 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

There has to be a good story in the making there 😄 look forward to hearing how it goes.

Aye, getting into the overhead isn't a problem, getting down..................a "Carry On" type scenario could happen. :lol: