Andy Ritchie

10 hours ago, shull said:

One of my favourite players of all time in Scottish Football.

A legend and a class act.

I wish he had played for us in his prime.

An absolute wizard with the ball at his feet. Struck terror into the opposition when he shaped up to take a free kick or a corner. 

Brazilian in his technique with ball control like nobody else in Scotland at that time who I can think of.

I once took someone I was supporting down to see Celtic Park as he used to play for them and hadn't been for years.

Once there, with nothing pre-booked, I chanced my arm and asked if we could briefly see indoors.

Andy Ritchie went above and beyond... He personally conducted a full stadium tour, culminating in a walk down the tunnel and out onto the pitch.

It meant so much to the ex player I was supporting at the time. Ritchie was an absolute gentleman. 😎

The only Morton player down the years that was exciting to watch play - even though he was an opponent you could always count on seeing something “different” from him. 

One of his best tricks was scoring direct from a corner. I’m sure he did it more than once against us. 

He suffered off the park with drink and gambling addictions. I read his autobiography a while back and it was a good honest read. 

7 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

The only Morton player down the years that was exciting to watch play - even though he was an opponent you could always count on seeing something “different” from him. 

One of his best tricks was scoring direct from a corner. I’m sure he did it more than once against us. 

He suffered off the park with drink and gambling addictions. I read his autobiography a while back and it was a good honest read. 

Yup... His corners were terrorising to any defence and keeper and did indeed result in goals. 

They were impossible to defend against.