Top 5 Albums Your Currently Listening To

Liverpool Bud

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Live '75-'85 - Springsteen (thanks, Santa)

My Aim is True - Elvis

The Unforgettable Fire 25th Anniversary Edition - U2 (thanks again, Santa)

Strangers in the Night - UFO

Live '75-'85 - Springsteen

Was goin to get Unforgettable Fire the other day...drums probably still sound like cardboard boxes gettin played..anyhoo

Lemonheads..Its A Shame About Ray

A....How Ace Are Buildings

Opeth...Deliverence

Nirvana...Bleach

Cure...Mixed Up

Was goin to get Unforgettable Fire the other day...drums probably still sound like cardboard boxes gettin played..

Nah, mate, that's War you're thinking of. Truly bollocks production job on that.

The Unforgettable Fire has Eno producing so it couldn't fail. Remastered sounds even better. There are wee bits & bobs in it that you didn't realise were on the songs. Wonderfully lavished package as well; remastered album, a second with live tracks, outtakes & B-sides then a DVD with The Making of The Unforgettable Fire documentary, videos for the singles, and live performances from the Conspiracy of Hope tour and Live Aid. With a glossy, hardback booklet containing commentary from those involved as well as full set of lyrics and wrapped up in a hefty box it's a very resplendent re-issue. So thanks again, Santa. :)

on the strength of this thread - i relistened to J and Marychain last nite - flipping genuis!!

as i was in the mood for something a little darker i took the chance to listen again to New Model Army ...... they were a top outfit in their day ..... anyone agree? disagree?

after that a dose of Primal Scream - dirty minds

i finished up - keeping it real with a dash of Joy Division and then Hot house Flowers!!

on the strength of this thread - i relistened to J and Marychain last nite - flipping genuis!!

Correct.

as i was in the mood for something a little darker i took the chance to listen again to New Model Army ...... they were a top outfit in their day ..... anyone agree? disagree?

Mate of mine was talking about them the other day. His fave band, I think. Dunno any of their stuff, just never got round to it, but apparently quite a decent outfit.

i finished up - keeping it real with a dash of Joy Division and then Hot house Flowers!!

Fair dos.

Nah, mate, that's War you're thinking of. Truly bollocks production job on that.

The Unforgettable Fire has Eno producing so it couldn't fail. Remastered sounds even better. There are wee bits & bobs in it that you didn't realise were on the songs. Wonderfully lavished package as well; remastered album, a second with live tracks, outtakes & B-sides then a DVD with The Making of The Unforgettable Fire documentary, videos for the singles, and live performances from the Conspiracy of Hope tour and Live Aid. With a glossy, hardback booklet containing commentary from those involved as well as full set of lyrics and wrapped up in a hefty box it's a very resplendent re-issue. So thanks again, Santa. smile.gif

Nah mate...Fire has still got some terrible boxy drum sounds on it as well..but War was worse i grant thee.and Eno,s a cock.

What do you mean New Model Army.. top outfit in their day..i just saw them a couple of weeks ago at the Cathouse...and they were still superb they get better and better with age...try their new album and i suggest you get a hold of Justin Sullivans Navigating By The Stars..you wont be disappointed my good man..in fact get everything they have done you wont be disappointed.

Nah mate...Fire has still got some terrible boxy drum sounds on it as well..but War was worse i grant thee.and Eno,s a cock.

Well, admittedly Elvis Presley & America sounds a bit crap on the drums but the drum track was slowed right down for that so mibbe that's why. A Sort of Homecoming & the title track at least both have a good sound, I reckon. But give it another go, the sound is good. War, JEEZ! The production on that was utterly appalling but was seen as "innovative" at the time. Was it fúck. And Eno's not a cock.

Anyway, today's sounds are:-

Blood on the Tracks - Dylan

Electronic - Electronic

The Hour of Bewilderbeast - Badly Drawn Boy

Beautiful Freak - Eels

Agaettis Byrjun - Sigúr Ros (quite apt in this weather)

Also flying around is The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway and a wee bit of Ministry of Sound.

Well, admittedly Elvis Presley & America sounds a bit crap on the drums but the drum track was slowed right down for that so mibbe that's why. A Sort of Homecoming & the title track at least both have a good sound, I reckon. But give it another go, the sound is good. War, JEEZ! The production on that was utterly appalling but was seen as "innovative" at the time. Was it fúck. And Eno's not a cock.

Anyway, today's sounds are:-

Blood on the Tracks - Dylan

Electronic - Electronic

The Hour of Bewilderbeast - Badly Drawn Boy

Beautiful Freak - Eels

Agaettis Byrjun - Sigúr Ros (quite apt in this weather)

Also flying around is The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway and a wee bit of Ministry of Sound.

A ringing endorsement for Steve Lillywhite there

What do you mean New Model Army.. top outfit in their day..i just saw them a couple of weeks ago at the Cathouse...and they were still superb they get better and better with age...try their new album and i suggest you get a hold of Justin Sullivans Navigating By The Stars..you wont be disappointed my good man..in fact get everything they have done you wont be disappointed.

a visit to my fav online music emporium .......and ive ordered some stuff... il provide a critique when i post next ...... thankyou for your reccommendations

il be keeping an eye open to see if NMA play around liverpool or manchester

a visit to my fav online music emporium .......and ive ordered some stuff... il provide a critique when i post next ...... thankyou for your reccommendations

il be keeping an eye open to see if NMA play around liverpool or manchester

March 20th ......... liverpool.......... sorted!

• 2 weeks later...

Biffiy Clyro - Only Revolutions, their new album is the best rock album I have heard in years , essential listening for anyone who has not heard it , what an album.

Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels

Midnight Oil - Diesel And Dust

Neil Young And Crazy Horse - Ragged Glory

Peter Tosh - Mama Africa, In particular the track Johnny B Good

The past few days have seen me listen to...

Marillion- Afraid of Sunlight :kickass

Dorie Jackson- The Courting Ground

Francis Dunnery- Whole New World

Stephen Duffy and The Lilac Time- Memory and Desire- possibly the greatest best of....ever...

Pearl Jam- Backspacer- truly a "played it once, never again" album. Turgid.

The past few days have seen me listen to...

Marillion- Afraid of Sunlight kickass-sign.gif

Dorie Jackson- The Courting Ground

Francis Dunnery- Whole New World

Stephen Duffy and The Lilac Time- Memory and Desire- possibly the greatest best of....ever...

Pearl Jam- Backspacer- truly a "played it once, never again" album. Turgid.

I think Backspacer is a really good album..a wee bit of return to form for Pearl Jam IMHO..

1) Enter Shikari - Common Dreads

2) Biffy Clyro - Only Revolutions

3) cKy - Infitrate, Destroy, Rebuild

4) cKy - Carver City

5) Enter Shikari - Take to the Skies.

All very good albums.

I'd rather Enter Shakira....

Not the kind of music I can sit down and get into so would never by a cd. But jeeez I could sit for hours and watch her sing and dance. What a mover what a body. Maybe I need the DVD ph34r.gif

Yep, LS is the same. :rolleyes:

Anyway:-

Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden

Inside Out - John Martyn

Faith - The Cure

Seventh Tree - Goldfrapp

Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy - Elton John

Ocean Rain - Echo & the Bunnymen

Low - Bowie

Nothing's Shocking - Jane's Addiction

Master of Reality - Sabbath

Agents of Fortune - Blue Oyster Cult

So it's 10, big deal. Making up for lost time.