Top 5 Worst Saints Players Ever

Guest JamboMan1

• 2 weeks later...
1. Bobby "Dazzler" Dawson

2. Gary McVie

3. Eric Sinclair

4. Jim Gardner

5. Alex Bone

And that's without even trying. I'll have a wee think and come back with an even worse 5 :)

Dawson improved near the end of his time with us..................

Those who were rank and well hated when they arrived at Love St included Jimmy Bone, Ian Scanlon and Kenny McDowall.............

I fact I wrote an ode with a verse dedicated to each player in the team, before a cup tie at Airdrie which was puplished in the PDE at the time............

I no longer have it but I can recall the verse about the not too well liked (at the time) Mr Scanlon...........

There's a bearded manny, Scanlon

He stands out on the wing

'Tis he that takes the spot kicks

He's goat tae dae something......................

Regarding Bobby "Dazzler" Dawson, according to my much diminished memory Alex Smith bought him in '87 and he didn't leave until the 95/96 season. Eight-and-a-bit seasons, surely he must be eligable for the Saints Hall of Fame :o !

But seriously folks, who can forget the spell where Jimmy Bone played him as sweeper :(. Who know's what cunning tactical strategies JB's planning for Thistle :D .

1. jim gardner - worst player ever in the stripes, awful. i remember his debut, he ran across to take a throw in and slipped and fell on his hole a guy behind me shouted "your pish" - he'd only been on the park 5mins :lol:

2. Lee Sharpe - numpty signed from dundee, terrible

3. andy dow, i made no secret of my dislike for the ex sheep shagging waste of space

4. Robert Daswon - almost every single one of his crosses ended up in the terracing.

5. brian smith - how long did it take that guy to take a throw in?? he used to stand for ages before throwing it to a marked player who had been standing there all along. dreadful

Whatever happened to Bobby Dawson?? :unsure:

In my experience the worst players include:

1. Mikael Renfrew/Renfrum/Renfurm/Refurbish....total pish

2. Jim Gardner

3. Alex Bone

4. Kevin Twaddle...did he ever kick a ball for us?

5. All the rest of the tits that have shamefully pulled on the stripes. :angry:

Was looking through an old SQ fanzine yesterday and there was a mention of the following fuds.

David Cameron

Roland Fabiani

Martin Hick

Frightening.

Martin Hick who is no longer of this earth, BA.

You're just pissed with him because he took you to the cleaners in Inverness at the pre season coin tossing championships a few years back.

Ally

Martin Hick who is no longer of this earth, BA.

You're just pissed with him because he took you to the cleaners in Inverness at the pre season coin tossing championships a few years back.

Ally

I was going to mention him shuffling off this mortal coil but out of respect for the deceased I decided not to.

ps still can't believe how much money he won that night.

Whatever happened to Bobby Dawson?? :unsure:

In my experience the worst players include:

1. Mikael Renfrew/Renfrum/Renfurm/Refurbish....total pish

2. Jim Gardner

3. Alex Bone

4. Kevin Twaddle...did he ever kick a ball for us?

5. All the rest of the tits that have shamefully pulled on the stripes. :angry:

why does everyone thing renfrum was a diddy?

i remember hime being a big, strong, pacy striker. someone i feel would have done well for us had he not been injured?

i remember hime coming off the bench against dundee utd, gave them the runaround then scored the equaliser.

he's no way on the list of 'worst ever players'

David Cameron wasn't too bad when he was with us, he just decided to leave after a few months for Brighton.

Renfurm was useless. He looked good in that game against Dundee United, then did sod all else and was a waste of space.

did Renfrum ever score for us :blink: ??

:rolleyes:

why does everyone thing renfrum was a diddy?

i remember hime being a big, strong, pacy striker. someone i feel would have done well for us had he not been injured?

i remember hime coming off the bench against dundee utd, gave them the runaround then scored the equaliser.

We have had an awful lot over the years.

Worst positional sense and couldnae tackle a fish upper award: Robert Dawson

Butterfingers award: Scrimgeour

Couldnae score in a house of ill repute award: Gary MCVie

Biggest heid and past his sell by date award: Steve Archibald

Couldnae pass waater award: Andy Dow

Sub

Thought he was a footballer but NEVER was award : Gerry Crainey