Scottish football were did it all go wrong

Questions the rulers of our football ought to be forced to confront. Why hasn't Scotland qualified for any tournament for 20 years ? Why does the same team win the league every season ? Why does it cost so much to watch an inferior standard of football ? Why are grounds all seated ? Why cant fans get a drink at football ? Why does our game get such a paltry sum from tv companies ? Why does the international manager always dictate when he decides to leave ? Why, when fans want a bigger top league, does it not happen ? Why are those two clowns still in a job ?

A combination of inertia and being accustomed to much of the above will continue to see our game further deteriorate. Everyone knows what needs to be done, but will it ever happen ?

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Of course Scottish football is 'puny and weak' compared to England. English football can only be compared to Spanish football for any sort of fair comparison. Back in the day, I would have said Italian football would be in that ballpark too, but I would put Italian football in a bracket with Germany and perhaps France these days. England and Spain are the big bloated worldwide behemoths... IMHO.

I take a far greater interest in the EPL than I do in the rest of Scottish football. Take St Mirren out of the equation and why would I be interested in a top division that has been dominated for decades by two disproportionally large clubs fuelled by sectarianism who 99% of the time roger the hapless opposition up the sphincter with minimal resistance? I know Celtic won the league, I genuinely did not know who was bottom of the league, or who was fannying around in mid-table. Could not give a flying fcuk.

I happen to be far more interested in Newcastle and Leeds trying to come up, I am far more interested in Sunderland staying up, and I am far more interested in watching (as I did) something thrilling like the first half of this weekend's Everton v Leicester game, where two well-matched competitive teams fought it out in a full, atmospheric stadium.

At the start of every EPL season these days, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs harbour genuine title hopes, with clubs like Everton, Southampton and others far from being fodder for the big guns to rape up the arse... hence my interest in it.

Great post, with the massive exception of rape and bottoms :bootyhowever hate to burst your bubble but Sunderland are down.....

However the English game is bonkers----- and not sustainable

Last year Real got £85m for winning CL and 50 m for league, Leicester got £270m.... its unstainable

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Great post, with the massive exception of rape and bottoms :bootyhowever hate to burst your bubble but Sunderland are down.....

However the English game is bonkers----- and not sustainable

Last year Real got £85m for winning CL and 50 m for league, Leicester got £270m.... its unstainable

Aye, I fear for Sunderland. I like the North East of England and want Newcastle and Sunderland to do well. The EPL is nuts - I concur. The TV and sponsorship money washing around is nuts. The wages to top players are nuts. It could well go ker-boom! at any moment, but until it does, I enjoy watching it about a million times more than Kilmarnock v Ross County on a crap plastic pitch with FatBoy Boyd being the top talent on display. As I said, you can't compare our league to theirs. I'm not comparing them, merely taking part in the 'do you or do you not give a fcuk about watching English football' part of the thread.

I enjoy it. St Mirren and the top two English leagues are the only football I watch. 

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Aye, I fear for Sunderland. I like the North East of England and want Newcastle and Sunderland to do well. The EPL is nuts - I concur. The TV and sponsorship money washing around is nuts. The wages to top players are nuts. It could well go ker-boom! at any moment, but until it does, I enjoy watching it about a million times more than Kilmarnock v Ross County on a crap plastic pitch with FatBoy Boyd being the top talent on display. As I said, you can't compare our league to theirs. I'm not comparing them, merely taking part in the 'do you or do you not give a fcuk about watching English football' part of the thread.

I enjoy it. St Mirren and the top two English leagues are the only football I watch. 

Agreed  and as u point out Killies plastic pitch, brilliant?????

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I think we need to stop bloody whining.

Our leagues are great up here, highly competitive with the exception of a single team in a division we don't play in anyway.

All the other divisions are nip and tuck with most games meaningful.

The Cups routinely throw up shocks with Championship sides regularly making the latter stages and the finals themselves.

Couldn't care less about Europe.

Couldn't care less about the National team right now.

Look at the attendances over the last few seasons in the Championship. It's been staggering.

As for that one club I spoke about? Teams need to stop talking about finances and start understanding how to work with what they have got.

Bring through the right young players at the right time in large quantities across all teams and build from there.

It is completely irrelevant how much these guys are paid. Get all these other teams to believe they can beat the top club and you'll see results.

Nobody believes they can catch Celtic. That is the issue right there. Teams believe they can beat Rangers who have players on similar-ish wages and look how many other clubs take points off them.

This is our game. It won't change. We either make the best of it or pack up and do something else.

Its not that long since you used to make posts complaining about the state of Scottish football and the shite attendances.

You probably changed your mind after I pointed out on more than one occasion that attendances in Scottish football are fantastic.

The fact is that you are very stupid and I am highly intelligent.

Its therefore no wonder that your opinion has done a complete 100% turnaround.

Here to help.